Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2007 4:38:22 PM EDT
I came across a 'complete' MKII less upper receiver and barrel so I got a Paclite from Tacsol.  Its a 4.5" barrel.  Put it together and tested it, and it short cycles every time with the typical Walmart bulk ammo.  Tried three different mags.  It cycles fully, and smoothly, by hand.  I haven't been able to find any obvious problems internally.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
(CCI MM)

Check the chamber for a burr and that the extractor fitting properly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
check the bolt fit to the reciver
I put one on last week and and it had a similar problem

Upon further review i changed the bolt with one from another gun and perfcect.

of course the problem is now on the other gun. I tried several bolts and that bolt was definatly the problem

It was brand new 22/45 I am not sure if it would have worked with the factory barrel or not.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't find any issues with the bolt, extractor, etc.  I did try some CCI minimags and they cycle it just fine.    I should probably try a different bolt and see if it improves things.  Unfortunately, the parts I used with this Paclite were brand new, and I don't know if they would have worked with the original receiver and barrel.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can't find any issues with the bolt, extractor, etc.  I did try some CCI minimags and they cycle it just fine.    I should probably try a different bolt and see if it improves things.  Unfortunately, the parts I used with this Paclite were brand new, and I don't know if they would have worked with the original receiver and barrel.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Run 500 CCI MiniMags through it, clean it and then try some others.  It may just be tight and needs to be worked in a bit.

Don't panic just yet.  22's can be picky at first until they loosen up a bit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm dealing with the same issue plus missfiring on my b/mark with tac-sol bbl
thats using any ammo.
received it back from tacsol fri and ran some rds through it.  still same issues only not as bad. going to give it 500 rds next range day and see what happens.
funny thing i ran 20 rds of that red box aquila (primer only) short subsonic ammo todat and not one miss. of course i had to cycle by hand but all rounds fired !
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
my mk 11 sucked with the regular bulk stuff and yesterday i bought the cci stingers and it chews them up and spits em out like seeds...now im happy with it and will be buying a 6 inch paclite...have any pictures of yours? thanks, bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top