Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2007 10:16:37 AM EDT

Yep, no one picked it up yet, bought it brand new for a song As in, even with 2 mags at retail price on top, the first digit of the sale price was a 2.

The only thing I'd like to do really would be to swap out the factory button-style safety and bolt stop with more 1911-like shelved pieces...but, all the usual suspects are coming up empty for parts like that

Does anyone make shelved-type thumb safties and bolt stops for these things? Or am I just going to have to get used to the button-ish feel of it

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yep, no one picked it up yet, bought it brand new for a song As in, even with 2 mags at retail price on top, the first digit of the sale price was a 2.

The only thing I'd like to do really would be to swap out the factory button-style safety and bolt stop with more 1911-like shelved pieces...but, all the usual suspects are coming up empty for parts like that

Does anyone make shelved-type thumb safties and bolt stops for these things? Or am I just going to have to get used to the button-ish feel of it

Thanks!

Consider me jealous!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
No pics huh?  That is useless.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Consider me jealous!

They have 3 (yes, three) Smith 41s in the case...a used one with a 6 in front of the price, and the other two are new.

I came " close to getting the 41, but I don't have a rimfire handgun...figured a Ruger would be a better first one. Once I grow to appreciate it I'll get a Smith 41

Anyway, so no one makes shelf-type thumb safeties and bolt stops for these things? Hmm...I may have to figure out how to make one and see what I can sell 'em for...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Volquartsen makes a shelf sort of type bolt stop, they call it extended.  Don't recall ever seeing a shelf style for the  safety button.  Shouldn't be too difficult to do, a potential cut into the original and add a thin slab of steel and vola your done.  ETA just remember that when you take it apart the  safety is removed from the inside of the frame, so if you were to add a thin slab of steel to it, you may want to make the modification removable.  Where their is a will, there is a way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top