Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2007 3:15:28 PM EDT
I ordered a YHM Mite can the other day for a 22lr AR build.  I'd like to get another 22 pistol to use it with as well.  I'm having trouble picking one that will be an acceptable host.  I looked at the Sig misquito and the P22 but they both seem crappy.  I have a 50th anaversery  MK II that I really like but it has a tapered barrel so its out.  So its pretty much down to a new buckmark or new MK II/III.  Is there a particular model thats easier to thread than others?  I really like the new MkIII hunter but it has a flutted barrel and I'm not sure if the can be threaded for a can.  Any suggestions?

I guess I could always get a packlight upper but I hear that its actually louder than a threaded factory upper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy with my P22.  I have my Outback II on it...
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Tac-Sol upper for your Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You might find a used MKII bull bbl as cheap as the TacSol upper. I had a MKII bull bbl threaded and repositioned the front sight just behind the threads. It shoots great.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
who threaded the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess I could always get a packlight upper but I hear that its actually louder than a threaded factory upper.

I've never heard that.  Why would the barrel manufacturer matter as far as noise reducion went?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the packlites use an aluminum reciever and possible an aluminum barrel with a rifled sleeve.  From what I understand the aluminum transmits sound better than steel and is noticably louder.  I don't know this to be a fact as I've never handled one or even shot a suppressed pistol.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the buckmark. Then either get the factory barrel threaded or buy a TacSol barrel. The barrel unscrews and you can send it to be threaded by itself.

That way you won't have to deal with shipping the MKIII upper to be threaded (the upper is considered the "firearm" so you will have to deal with the BS associated with shipping a handgun) or buying a TacSol MKIII upper (again, it's considered a firearm so you will have to fill out another 4473).
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
SGTCap
I had a local 'smith do the work. For $50.00 he threaded and reinstalled the sight oon the MKII and threaded a 10/22 bull barrel.He even indexed the threads on both so that the markings on the suppressor align with the factory barrel markings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I threaded up a Browning Buckmark Camper and really like it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You have a picture of that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Get the Tac-Sol upper for your Ruger.

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can try to get one soon.  I don't have one on my Photobucket right now and I don't have a digital camera.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I was in the same bucket.  I have a TAC65 and a 22lr conversion kit for an AR.  I had a hard time deciding with 22lr pistol to get.  I purchased a used buckmark, TacSol barrel and other accessories.  I am very happy with my setup.  It has been accurate and reliable.  

I recommend getting a Pac-Lite upper for your MKII, because you already have the gun to work with.  However, the upper is serialized and will require an FFL transfer.  If you must get a new pistol, a buckmark will make you very happy.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#15]
SEXY!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can try to get one soon.  I don't have one on my Photobucket right now and I don't have a digital camera.

No biggie...  I've got a Buckmark but I'll probably end up getting a TacSol barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top