Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:18:13 PM EDT
Ok, so I got a few things for my MK III.

1/2x28TPI thread job done
TacSol Comp-Black (Wanted Silver, but couldn't pass up the price)
Mark II Hammer Bushing
Titanium Disconnector
FireSights, front and rear
Ruger .22 Pistol Ejector billet steel
Extended Safety
Allen Head Grip Screws
Volsquartsen MK III Accurizing Kit
Volsquartsen Extractor
Volsquartsen Firing Pin
LCI Delete filler bar
Hogue Grips

I also bought some 320 grit and 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper to polish the bolt, inside of the frame where it seems quite rough.

Anything else I might need for the project?
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of ammo
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I was all ready to add the LCI delete.

Think you've got it covered
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lots of ammo

Got 12k of .22

Picked up 5000 just for the summer shooting season.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Got a can?
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got a can?

Not yet. I am getting ready to go down that road. Just trying to decide on what I really want...and need to do some research.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html

love mine , never take that bitch apart again
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How is the bottom of the pin held in? Does it just sit on the bottom hole of the slide/upper reciever?

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Said fuck it, and bought the strip kit and the enlarged mag release.

Another $80 down the drain...
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the bottom of the pin held in? Does it just sit on the bottom hole of the slide/upper reciever?

The bottom portion is attached to the mainspring housing like the stock pin. And if you want to remove the gripframe from the barreled receiver you will have to field strip the same way you would a factory pistol. It is a great way to quickly pull out the bolt and clean the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Uhh, I think you covered EVERYTHING ,  do you have a mag loader, I see sore thumbs in your future with all the ammo you have and good weather approaching, I would love to see pics of the finished pistol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uhh, I think you covered EVERYTHING ,  do you have a mag loader, I see sore thumbs in your future with all the ammo you have and good weather approaching, I would love to see pics of the finished pistol.

No mag loader...I ordered the strip kit and the mag release from Majestic Arms, but they have not gotten back to me, nor has my card been charged, even though I got a confirmation. I am going to contact them in the morning.

What mag loader is recommended?

And I will have a thread with step by step work on this as soon as the parts get in...
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Mag loader and can.  

Mag loader to save your thumbs, can for boner-inducing fun
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mag loader and can.  

Mag loader to save your thumbs, can for boner-inducing fun

Very nice...the wait time on cans, plus cost of trust is a bit steep has me holding back...
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Run, don't walk, to your computer and order an Ultimate Clip Loader and as many mags as you can afford.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Run, don't walk, to your computer and order an Ultimate Clip Loader and as many mags as you can afford.  

Thanks for the advice.

With the price of ammo ever increasing, I feel a lot better about tricking out my Ruger than I do my AR's.

It is just cheaper in the long run... really.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice.

With the price of ammo ever increasing, I feel a lot better about tricking out my Ruger than I do my AR's.

That's what I tell my wife....she makes the same face
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice.

That's what I tell my wife....she makes the same face

But in all seriousness, it is not the cost of components nor the pistol that is the issue...it comes down to ammo. The fact that a box of 20 5.56 costs me 6.99 and a box of 50 .22LR is $1.99 is a no brainer.for 100 rounds it comes out to $35 versus $4. Buy in bulk and on sale and it gets a LOT better.

That is my motivation.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Very nice...the wait time on cans, plus cost of trust is a bit steep has me holding back...

I personally found a loophole on the whole trust expense problem.  Most lawyers charge quite a bit for a full trust, but will amend one for a good deal less.  So I made a trust in quicken and then just sent it to one of the "NFA lawyers" to fix it.  Boom, problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally found a loophole on the whole trust expense problem.  Most lawyers charge quite a bit for a full trust, but will amend one for a good deal less.  So I made a trust in quicken and then just sent it to one of the "NFA lawyers" to fix it.  Boom, problem solved.

Interesting! I may do this...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top