Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2012 9:32:53 PM EDT
My son bought a Ruger Charger and wants to scope it instead of a red dot. Anyone have any ideas for a scope for ~100-150 $?

I like the fold down tripod but don't know anything about the pistol. He also has a M111. CCI being his ammo of choice.

Comments??
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 4:44:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I LOVE my Charger! Congratulations on yours!

As far as a scope, I actually had a $10 BSA scope I had laying around that I threw on the gun just to take it to the range the day I got it with the intention of getting something better later. After more than three years it is still fine with no wandering zero.

I believe Bushnell has a fixed power (4x) for ~$30 that gets good reviews on-line. Sorry I don't have the model number handy. Try OpticsPlanet (site sponsor) and look at their offerings in your price range.

My Charger will shoot ANYTHING I feed it so it gets a lot of 36gr.HV/HP Federal Bulk Pack from Wal-Mart. However, for more precision shooting I like the the Federal "Champion" 40gr. solid in the blue box which will produce a nickel-sized jagged hole @ 25yrds. That is good enough for me

IMHO the Charger is a super set-up. I have had 6yo kids consistently hit targets with it (well supervised of course) but it is still capable of delivering what is required by more experienced shooters.

ETA- It is basically a 10/22 with a short barrel so all the controls are the same. Uses standard 10/22 magazines.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
How heavy is it to shoot standing?

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How heavy is it to shoot standing?

Due to the eye relief of my scope, I have never fired it from a standing position. It does not feel like it would handle well being used as a traditional "handgun". However, the contour of the stock and the bipod make this gun very easy and natural to shoot from a seated or prone position. For me it is a very compact, benchrest .22.

BTW- The supplied bipod is of a Harris type design but (I believe) not actually made by Harris. However, it has proved rugged and sturdy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
This won't impress the precision .22 crowd but I am happy with it. This is 10rnds of Federal 40g. "Champion" solids @25 yards from a bench using the bipod.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top