Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2012 6:41:24 AM EDT
So whats the story on these things?

Being a huge Benelli fan and loving their shotguns, these little pistols always intrigued me. I assume they are used for competition shooting, correct?

Anybody out there have one? Would love to hear first-hand info from people who shoot them.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been competitively shooting a Benelli MP90 WC which is the high end version with fully adj trigger and target grips for 12yrs.

Excellent guns and the best bang for the buck ( for a high end target 22 ) and they will shoot right there with the Hammerli's, Pardini's and Walther's at half the cost...

Mounting a dot to one is the only challenge, you have to take a dot off to disassemble. The tip off grooves blow and the weaver/picat is too low. Aftermarket scope mounts suck ass and are uber $. Best alternative is a custom mono ring to fit the wierd weaver like mine or you can modify a Leupold PRW low ring P/N 54144 which is the cheapest and is easy to take on and off without having to rezero the dot..

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot the Hammerli 280 in college in competition.  Our coach had the Benelli MP-90 and I would agree tangeant's sentiments about them being right there with the Hammerlis in all areas but one.  The MP-90 would only shoot high-end ammo.  If you fed anything less than Eley yellow box through it, it would regularly break firing pins.  Other than that the thing was a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have gone through six or seven firing pins in 12 yrs & well over 60k rounds Having a couple of firing pins handy is very wise.

Luckily I have had only two break during a actuall match, they are fairly easy to change out without any tools .  I have one of Larry's stainless machined ones in mine now and we will see how long it lasts. I shoot Mil white box Winchester pistol match 50ft & 25yd and Eley Tenex at 50yds, mine likes prettymuch anything but Aguila SV.

If my 90 ever dies I'am going to buy another one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top