Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2011 1:40:44 PM EDT
I picked-up this nickled late 60s to early 70s era HS Sentinel Deluxe revolver w/holster this afternoon. Dad had a older blued version Sentinel and it served him well as his trap-line .22 for 35+ years.

This one is in very nice shape and shoots great. I may have over-paid a bit for it at $150.00 but they are so far few and in between in my area I did not even hesitate.

If you need a light weight and well built .22 revolver for the outdoors that you can hit with you can't go wrong with a 4" Sentinal 9-shot.....If you can find one.

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't overpay and they are better guns than a lot of people realize.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the price but the connection between your Dad and his well used pistol seems to make this right for you....not many of us have guns we've used steady for 35 years.

Nice score...enjoy it..for many years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 3" R-101 that my Dad gave me. Fun plinker! HKS speedloaders for the 9 shot H&R work for it.
ETA: I stay with standard velocity ammo to avoid stressing the aluminum frame.

Link Posted: 11/5/2011 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just weighed the lightest field .22 I had (4" S&W 422) and it came in fully loaded at 1.6lb. I weighed the Sentinel and it came in at 1.5lb loaded. I was sort of surprised.

I really like the 422 for field carry as it is so thin, light, dependable, and hits where I aim but the Sentinel adds the versatility of a revolver along with it's light weight. It will be a tough call as to which I will carry going forward.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
You got an excellent deal on that little gun. I too picked up a LNIB Sentinel recently, but I did pay considerably more than that.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is a brief history on the Sentinel line. I figure my R-107 was made a few years before they came out with the ones with the under-lug barrel and wood grips.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Sentinel/sentinel.html
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
i BADLY want one of these .. i wish i could find 2 for $150 .. the wife and i would be at the range for HOURS
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#8]
They cost a lot more around here.

Congratulations.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#9]
That's the Going low price. I have a  4" Bbl.   Model  called the "Kit Gun" basicaly they are all similar. I fired  cheap Rem.Thunderbolt ammo, some of which didnt go  off,and got them all in the Ten ring at 25 yards. JET71.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Well it drew it's first blood the other day when I took a nice rabbit with it (head shot) while I was clearing some brush. Fried it up and made some gravy for my lunch. Damn it was good eating.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You got an excellent deal on that little gun. I too picked up a LNIB Sentinel recently, but I did pay considerably more than that.  
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/rut3556/Sentinel.jpg
Do you mind saying what you paid?  I was just given a new un-fired one just like the one you have pictured, without the box.  I have been wondering what they go for.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
i've got the 6 in barrel one. its a great shooter. i wish i could have got mine for 150 lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top