Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2010 7:57:42 PM EDT
Which is better without price being a concern?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There have been reports of peening on these barrels on 10/22s. No knowledge regarding PacLites on pistols, though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Aluminum threads are always a bad idea IMHO.

After shooting my MkIII with my Outback and noticing the increased recoil due to the increased bolt velocity and back pressure I don't think I would use an aluminum upper.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

After shooting my MkIII with my Outback and noticing the increased recoil due to the increased bolt velocity and back pressure I don't think I would use an aluminum upper.

Seriously?  In a 22? Seriously?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it sounds silly but yes, there is a significant increase in bolt velocity on the blow back and that causes more of a recoil impulse.  I have a dedicated suppressor host MkIII and I am going to have to keep an eye on the recoil spring to keep it from letting the bolt batter the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously? In a 22? Seriously?

I know it sounds silly but yes, there is a significant increase in bolt velocity on the blow back and that causes more of a recoil impulse. I have a dedicated suppressor host MkIII and I am going to have to keep an eye on the recoil spring to keep it from letting the bolt batter the receiver.

Learn something everyday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously? In a 22? Seriously?

I know it sounds silly but yes, there is a significant increase in bolt velocity on the blow back and that causes more of a recoil impulse. I have a dedicated suppressor host MkIII and I am going to have to keep an eye on the recoil spring to keep it from letting the bolt batter the receiver.

Learn something everyday.

It is not harsh by any means but it is noticeable.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I may get bashed for this but I hate the way the PacLites look
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 22/45 that I built.  It uses a Ruger barrel that I bought from Gemtech.  The front sight has been set back and the end of the barrel screws off to reveal the threads.  The machine work is so good that you can't see a groove between the two parts.  People that have shot the pistol don't even notice it.  The four inch barrel provides a good balance to the pistol.

My two cents

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

.22 LR autoloaders cycle via blowback––that is to say, the bolt is not locked. The only thing that holds the bolt closed in a .22 LR is spring pressure. A suppressor increases the pressure and also increases force applied to the bolt via gas pressure in the barrel. Adding weight to the bolt would negate the increased pressure created by the suppressor, but then the gun probably wouldn't function properly without the suppressor attached.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top