Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2010 1:07:19 PM EDT
Have built many, many AR's using their stuff over the years. Was curious about their 1911 offering.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
They look good, I dislike their huge insignia on them.  If I was in the market I'd probably be looking at a Springfield Armory MC Operator.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one and it is SWEET. Fantastic trigger, great build components, Novak sights and it is made in KY. Look under the 1911 gallery for a photo I just posted.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They look good, I dislike their huge insignia on them.  If I was in the market I'd probably be looking at a Springfield Armory MC Operator.

The fact that the frontstrap is not checkered disqualifies it for me. It cost to much to do later.

Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got one and it is SWEET. Fantastic trigger, great build components, Novak sights and it is made in KY. Look under the 1911 gallery for a photo I just posted.

Found your pic. You mean you shot yours!

Do you have any non-action shots of it?  If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

Link Posted: 8/16/2010 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/ecdbcd/IMG_0942.jpg

The frontstrap is checkered on mine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and have been extremely happy with it.  I paid 1250 OTD with a two tone diamond coat finish (OD/black).  Judging by the picture posted in this thread they vastly improved the fitment of the beaver tail safety.  That never bothered me but was most peoples complaint.
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I still don't like the insignia...but that is a fine lookin pistol
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don't like the insignia...but that is a fine lookin pistol

Fine looking pistol alright............and I kind of like the insignia. Good match with the AR's.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Curious to see how they shoot? Anyone have one ? How many rounds fired? Any issues? Thinking about getting one for the house.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a railed DS frame for a 1911 build when home on leave in July.  However, they slide I intended to use will take some fitting which I didn't have the time.  In the meantime I assembled the lower and dropped my Colt .22LR Conversion on top.  Didn't take a picture of it before I returned.

Just placed a order with Brownells for some more parts and lapping compound for when I go home again in Dec.  My intent is to have the DS on a .45 ACP slide and use my old AMT frame for either another .45 USGI Ithaca slide or the Colt .22 (both already drop on the AMT frame).

CD
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Curious to see how they shoot? Anyone have one ? How many rounds fired? Any issues? Thinking about getting one for the house.

I have about 1500 rounds through mine.  Didn't have any failures of any kind but the slide stop did need to be replaced because it was finicky with which mags it would lock back on.  Double star shipped me out another one and within 3 days I was good to go.  That was at about the 500 round mark.  Double star said they had gotten a bad batch from ed brown.  Shoots great, very accurate.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like one might be in my future. I was wanting to get another Nighthawk (I have a Talon II Commander and love it), but I could buy almost three doublestar rail 1911s for the cost of one Nighthawk.
The doublestar will be a house gun and not see much shooting after I verify its a good one. (500 rounds)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top