Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2010 2:54:56 PM EDT
I bought my first 1911.  I always want one and even though I should have saved the money, I picked it up today.

An Ed Brown Special Force with Gen III coating.  I would post a pic but I am not sure how to on this site.

I cannot wait until I get this to the range.

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I fail to see how this was a foolish decision.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Good selection. Ed Brown is my favorite.....

Link Posted: 4/10/2010 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
That is one hell of a first 1911. Congratulations on the great gun. Pics?
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care what your excuse is...pics of it didn't happen!

Great choice, I wish I had a EB SF.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
how do I post a pic on here?
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I fail to detect the foolishness in your post.......

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 I would post a pic but I am not sure how to on this site.

Just like you would on any site

upload your pics from your digital camera to  photobucket.com, then copy the URL link for the pic in photobucket -  post/reply here and click on the insert image button - and follow the instructions
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
the only foolish thing I see is not posting pics. fantastic weapon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]

I want pics dammit!!!!

Congrats
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I fail to see how this was a foolish decision.

I agree.  Congrats!

I have an EB Special Forces too.  Its a great gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
If you mean that you simply put it on your credit card rather than having the funds planned and saved, then yes, that was foolish.  Even more so by choosing an expensive model that many wait long years until they can afford.  If that's not what you meant, never mind.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If you mean that you simply put it on your credit card rather than having the funds planned and saved, then yes, that was foolish.  Even more so by choosing an expensive model that many wait long years until they can afford.
FIXED THAT ! If that's not what you meant, never mind.

ACfire, you did good no matter how you paid !

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you mean that you simply put it on your credit card rather than having the funds planned and saved, then yes, that was foolish.  Even more so by choosing an expensive model that many wait long years until they can afford. FIXED THAT ! If that's not what you meant, never mind.

Buying guns on credit without specific and available budget allocated is foolish.  It is fiscally irresponsible.  Guns are a discretionary purchase and their purchase should be deferred until funds not allocated for higher priorities are available.  It is simply dumb to charge discretionary items and pay outrageous credit card rates.  Are you saying that it's OK to go buy guns on your credit card before you have the money?  That's is simply uninformed and down that path lies a morass of future credit problems.  This is not responsible advice to anyone and I really can't imagine what your point might be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I want pics dammit!!!!

Congrats

I second that !

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If you mean that you simply put it on your credit card rather than having the funds planned and saved, then yes, that was foolish.  Even more so by choosing an expensive model that many wait long years until they can afford. FIXED THAT ! If that's not what you meant, never mind.

Buying guns on credit without specific and available budget allocated is foolish.  It is fiscally irresponsible.  Guns are a discretionary purchase and their purchase should be deferred until funds not allocated for higher priorities are available.  It is simply dumb to charge discretionary items and pay outrageous credit card rates.  Are you saying that it's OK to go buy guns on your credit card before you have the money?  That's is simply uninformed and down that path lies a morass of future credit problems.  This is not responsible advice to anyone and I really can't imagine what your point might be.

An argument not relevant to this forum.

Acknowledged.  Guess my discussion of 'you might be a gun addict if' and the 12 step program go to GD.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats OP!! I have a custom SF on order now from EB. The waiting is pure punishment!
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I paid cash.  Saved for over a year.  Here is a pic, I'll try to take a better one soon.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
While I find saying "I always want one and even though I should have saved the money" as opposed to  "Well I paid cash. Saved for over a year" a bit confusing, I'm glad you figured out the picture posting system.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
While I find saying "I always want one and even though I should have saved the money" as opposed to  "Well I paid cash. Saved for over a year" a bit confusing, I'm glad you figured out the picture posting system.

Easy: instead of buying new tires for the car or saving to make house payments, he bought a gun

It is the ARFCOM way, after all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy: instead of buying new tires for the car or saving to make house payments, he bought a gun

It is the ARFCOM way, after all.

Ohhhh... so he's one of us!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#23]
The only thing foolish I see is that the gun doesn't say BAER on the side

<––––- REALLY wants a railed SF....
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#24]
That is a pretty sweet pistol I am jealous.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#25]
nice lookin weapon
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Your next bitch. Saving up money for 1000 rounds to break this bad boy in and get deadly proficient with it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't bring me down just yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I wish at least one of my foolish decisions would result in a nice 1911 like that!  Start saving to put some rounds through her!
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I probably did not need to buy another gun also.

I went for the Kobra Carry.  I still cannot get over how accurate the pistol is.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top