User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 7:28:46 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's purdy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ridiculously beautiful!

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. Nice grips too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
wow! which model is that with the WC and wings on the slide? very nice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wow! which model is that with the WC and wings on the slide? very nice.

Tactical Supergrade. Logo is a new addition to Wilson's line-up and is on every pistol. Originally ordered with a "naked slide", the logo somehow made it onto both sides. I like it so I didn't complain.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That is frackin sweet!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful. How's she shoot?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:14:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Really nice.  That has quite a few cosmetic features that I would love to have done to my operator (just can't justify the money right now )
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Very Nice
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Very elegant yet purposeful gun.  Really like the top of the slide and the recessed slide stop.  The black on black is looking good too.  Great acquisition.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats really nice.  When do we get a range report?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Thats a beauty !!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thats really nice.  When do we get a range report?

Well, sadly, all is not well in paradise. I took it to the range (AKA, front yard) last night and there were a few problems. Wilson will have the pistol back Monday morning to tend to the issues. Here is a summary of what went wrong:

1.At the 1 o’clock area of the barrel-crown, visualized when looking down the muzzle, there is some cosmetic scratching.
2.The pistol was ordered with a stainless hammer, yet a different hammer was fitted.
3.The pistol was ordered with 4 47 C’s and 2 ETM magazines. It arrived with 6 47D’s.
4.I did not receive a bushing wrench with my pistol.
5.When shooting, I experienced only 1 failure. The 7th round fired and ejected, and then the 8th round (last round in magazine) fed ½ way into the chamber (it was FULLY free of the magazine and horizontal, not “nosing in”) and the slide locked back. I removed the slide-stop and noted that I could see what appeared to me to be brass or copper on the part that is inner-most protruding into the mag-well.
6.I noticed POA did not equal POI and I was having trouble holding a group. At first I blamed it on not having shot in a while and shooting at dusk. When I got home and in good lighting, the cause was observed to be the rear-sight. It has shifted all the way to the left in its recess.

Upon contacting Wilson, they were apologetic, said they were emberrassed to have something like this occur, especially on a flag-ship model like a Supergrade, and would take hte pistol back and fix the above items/look into the premature lock back/fix if needed (only happened once, and during first 150 rounds).

I am satisfied. They payed for shipping back to them and will have the pistol Monday (shipped today) and said that it would be returned to me before next weekend. THIS is why I went with Wilson. They know how to treat a customer. About a year ago I called Les Baer with a similar situation with my TRS and was basically told to go shoot it, it will break in sooner or later. I didn't even address the cosmetic flaws on the Baer, I don't have the time to talk or type for that long.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice gun, and good luck. Let us know how it goes!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't blame you for sending it back.  If you're spending 4K on a gun, you'll want it to be flawless in every way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't blame you for sending it back.  If you're spending 4K on a gun, you'll want it to be flawless in every way.

Wilson agreed with me when I stated the exact same thing. I am very easy to get along with, but I am also assertive. Dialogue with Wilson and my sales representative has been polite, productive, and very professional. I am thus far very pleased.

The feeling when you rack the slide on this pistol cannot be described. It is BANK VAULT tight, but it racks like it was a USGI with 100K rounds through it. It fits so perfectly that it feels loose when you rack it. No friction. Hard to describe, but it's "perfect". It is every bit as tight as my Les Baer TRS that still won't properly return to battery sometimes when fired, yet it is smooth as butter and effortless to operate. It is truly functional art.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, sorry about your luck. But it is a Wilson so you are in good hands and their customer service is second to none. You'll be happy and turning one small hole into a bigger one in no time!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top