Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2009 2:33:12 PM EDT
So today I was having the worlds worst day so I went to the happy shop.  I have been trying to find a SA TRP or higher end SA 1911.  I walked in and asked the owner who has been trying to get me one for a few months and he says I checked last week and they had nothing.  Then he said let me check now see if they have got anything in.  He walks into the back room and makes a few calls and comes out smiling and says they have a TRP Armory Coat.  I asked with or with out rail he said I did not ask and I do not think they offer one with out a rail.  I said SA website shows they do he looks and I was right.  I go back to work since I was on a break and call him 15 mins later and ask is it a rail or no rail.  NO RAIL I said GET IT.  So I will have my SA TRP Thursday!!!!!
I can not wait I have a Kimber SS Target II and I love it so I should love them one just as much if not more!!!!!

The Family
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.  Nothing turns a day around like spending shit loads of money on guns
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats the truth!!!! Luckily no g/f or wife to bitch at me for doing it either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet Deal!

That one is on my list.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
But The Rail is Tasty!!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Be honest Operator, there is no legitimate reason for the full-length rail, you just wanted it because it looks bad ass.

And don't give me that "the extra weight tames muzzle climb/kick" BS
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
IT DOES LOOK BAD ASS!!   IMHO

.....however, I am consistantly more accurate with this 1911 than ANY of my others, no question. Im not talking about an un-timed head shot, I'm talking about a very quick two shot group to the thorasic, under time pressure, out of the holster.   Is it the Trigger?  Well this does have a great deal to do with it, they have fantastic triggers, however I have several others with very nice crisp triggers.  For me, It may actually come down to the weight, I can keep it on target with very little effort.  Also, I'm a big guy, so the extra wieght of this gun doesn't bother me as it would some.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted no rail so I got exactly what I wanted... I will get the rail on my 3rd 1911 when I get that one so I will wait awhile and get another one.  1911's are addicting just like my Glocks... After this one I want to get a Colt to add to the family but that will be awhile.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IT DOES LOOK BAD ASS!!   IMHO

.....however, I am consistantly more accurate with this 1911 than ANY of my others, no question. Im not talking about an un-timed head shot, I'm talking about a very quick two shot group to the thorasic, under time pressure, out of the holster.   Is it the Trigger?  Well this does have a great deal to do with it, they have fantastic triggers, however I have several others with very nice crisp triggers.  For me, It may actually come down to the weight, I can keep it on target with very little effort.  Also, I'm a big guy, so the extra wieght of this gun doesn't bother me as it would some.

Me too.  I just got a lightly used TRP OP with full rail a couple weeks ago.  It is the softest shooting pistol I own next to a Ruger MKIII.  It has very little muzzle rise and double taps are a breeze.  I have owned 3 Colts, 1 SS TRP, and a Baer Custom Carry and this is by far my favorite 1911 I have ever shot and owned.

ETA: But OP, you have one of the best factory produced 1911 on the market before you step into the semi customs.  Both TRP's I have owned are great 1911's and have never had one hiccup.  They just don't like Wilson mags.  The follower and slide stop are equally too short to properly engage the slide lock on the last shot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope it is awesome which SA has never let me down except on the SA XD.  I hated my SA XD.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats. I love mine.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
"Pics or it didn't happen"

Just kidding Congrats
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
It happens tomorrow :-)  I ordered it at 5PM Central time yesterday and it shipped today overnight from the wholesaler.  So I will get it tomorrow after 5 unless I take a "break" at work!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Mines the railed version.
You won't be disappointed.
I'm over 1k rounds so far and haven't had a single hiccup. (doesn't like wilson mags as stated, I had it fail to lock open twice with a wilson 8 rounder. no jam though)

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm over 1k rounds so far and haven't had a single hiccup. (doesn't like wilson mags as stated, I had it fail to lock open twice with a wilson 8 rounder. no jam though)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Followthehollow/P1020852.jpg

Yours is missing the barrel bushing or is it just me?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Followthehollow/P1020852.jpg

Yours is missing the barrel bushing or is it just me?

Just you. It's a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just kidding Congrats

Got your pics bro :-)

Also did not know they made bull barrels and all that still new to the 1911 thing and still learning it all.  Not dumb just still learning not a master yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding Congrats

Also did not know they made bull barrels and all that still new to the 1911 thing and still learning it all.  Not dumb just still learning not a master yet.

Didn't mean to come off as a dick about it. As I understand it, the TRP Light rail comes with a bushingless bull barrel and the non-rail TRP comes with a full length guide rod setup.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, this followed me home today about an hour ago as well . My first 1911, and I can already tell we're gonna be very good friends.

^5 OP

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding Congrats

very nice

Its one of the last on my list (I'll be putting brown cocobolo grips on it)

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding Congrats

Didn't mean to come off as a dick about it. As I understand it, the TRP Light rail comes with a bushingless bull barrel and the non-rail TRP comes with a full length guide rod setup.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, this followed me home today about an hour ago as well . My first 1911, and I can already tell we're gonna be very good friends.

^5 OP

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/dcn1982/AR15/DSCF0099.jpg

We have twins separated at birth you should send yours to me so they can be rejoined.  Nice pistol by the way.  The pistol just feels so good and is so beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just kidding Congrats

^5 OP

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/dcn1982/AR15/DSCF0099.jpg

We have twins separated at birth you should send yours to me so they can be rejoined.  Nice pistol by the way. The pistol just feels so good and is so beautiful.

No lie right there man. First time I've dropped over a grand on a pistol and I figured since it'll be my first 1911 ... why not get both out of the way. People look at me enough when I tell them what my HKs cost as it is. Definitely worth it - you can already see my grubby hands wearing off in the slide serrations because I can't put it down
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I cleared a little spot in my safe for her to sleep... Of course I had to segregate my safe Glocks on one side the 1911's on the other with the Ruger MKIII in the middle to keep them from fighting.  
Feels good to drop over a grand on a pistol does it not?
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Not when it just makes you want more
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Be honest Operator, there is no legitimate reason for the full-length rail, you just wanted it because it looks bad ass.

And don't give me that "the extra weight tames muzzle climb/kick" BS

Ahh, it does reduce the amount of felt recoil

..and it looks cool.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It is an addiction I have 9 Glock, 2 1911's, Luger P-08, Walther PPK/S pre S&W, P-38, S&W Model 686+, Ruger MKIII, HK45.... Pistols are addictive
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is an addiction I have 9 Glock, 2 1911's, Luger P-08, Walther PPK/S pre S&W, P-38, S&W Model 686+, Ruger MKIII, HK45.... Pistols are addictive

Wow, I hope you have some AR15s in there

Since this became an un-official TRP pic thread...

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#27]
how much is that gun it looks really nice i like black guns and i dont have a 1911 and if get one i think i want the same as yours she is  beuty!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
how much is that gun it looks really nice i like black guns and i dont have a 1911 and if get one i think i want the same as yours she is  beuty!!!!!!!!

Budsgunshop is seling them for $1380.  You can find them used for around $1250 and WAY cheaper if you get a stainless version.  It's pretty funny actually, you could buy a used SS and have it finished in melonite or IONbonded for the same price as a used Armory Kote Black one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I hope you have some AR15s in there

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww343/artsohc/DSC00813.jpg

Your Grips look awesome on your TRP
I got RRA LAR-15 I posted pics of it in the build section.  I also have a Colt Sporter Vietnam looking AR, and a Bushmaster AR-15 A2 style.  

My TRP was 1500 but the fit of the pistol is perfect, the trigger feels smooth blows away my uncles Colts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice gun. I really like the black. I bought a Trophy Match several months ago and love it. I think they are the same gun as I looked at a TRP at the same time. I just preferred adjustable sights.
JR
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I see you got it today. I just got done cleaning mine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice gun. I really like the black. I bought a Trophy Match several months ago and love it. I think they are the same gun as I looked at a TRP at the same time. I just preferred adjustable sights.
JR

From what I saw they seem to be the same gun. On buds they were $100 bucks difference in price. I've been debating on getting the trophy match for CDP but I just might have to add a SS TRP to go along with my Army Kote TRP. Still up in the air.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
JR

From what I saw they seem to be the same gun. On buds they were $100 bucks difference in price. I've been debating on getting the trophy match for CDP but I just might have to add a SS TRP to go along with my Army Kote TRP. Still up in the air.

Still up in the air??? DO IT!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
They were 100 bucks different when I looked several months ago and the store had both, I just happened to prefer the adjustable sights. If I had known I would have gotten two accurized Colts from my recently deceased friend I would have opted for the night sights on the TRP.
JR
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#35]
that trp looks awesome with those miltac grips and that springer armykote finish
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Need to bump this awesome thread on this special day.  

09/11/2001
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Just so ya know.....I hate you with every fiber of my being..........
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just so ya know.....I hate you with every fiber of my being..........

Thanks. I'll take that in the best possible way.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Damn you bastards.  I am feeling the urge to drop $2000 on one of these plus mags, ammo, and holsters.

That is absolutely beautiful.

I had a Kimber Custom II TLE/RL that was a beautiful gun as well.  Unfortunately the damn thing ran like crap.  I had 3-4 malfunctions every 100 rounds for the first 500 rounds I put through it.  I put 200 more rounds through without a problem after that before I sold it, but I never did feel good about it after that.  Understand that I have been a glock owner / shooter for a long time and have been accustomed to being able to not have to worry about reliability...I gave up on my 1911 experiment and sold the Kimber for another glock.  But damnit something just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside about a nice 1911

What are the odds of me getting one of these that runs 100%?  How much weight does the rail add?  I like the look without the rail...but I should probably get one with.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice TRP Mines the stainless but still want the full rail
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Damn you bastards.  I am feeling the urge to drop $2000 on one of these plus mags, ammo, and holsters.

I had a Kimber Custom II TLE/RL that was a beautiful gun as well.  Unfortunately the damn thing ran like crap.  I had 3-4 malfunctions every 100 rounds for the first 500 rounds I put through it.  I put 200 more rounds through without a problem after that before I sold it, but I never did feel good about it after that.  Understand that I have been a glock owner / shooter for a long time and have been accustomed to being able to not have to worry about reliability...I gave up on my 1911 experiment and sold the Kimber for another glock.  But damnit something just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside about a nice 1911

What are the odds of me getting one of these that runs 100%?  How much weight does the rail add?  I like the look without the rail...but I should probably get one with.

I did not get it with the rail because I did not want a rail.  I am sure you can get a SA or Kimber to run 100% problem with your Kimber was probably either extractor or crappy mags.  All my 1911's I use quality mags because the only problems I have ever had with either my Kimber was due to crappy mags.  Get Wilson Combat, Chip McCormick, or any other quality mags.  If you spend under 20 bucks for the mag it is crap IMO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#42]
congrats!  beautiful pistol!   maybe its the whiskey making me think its more beautiful than it is.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Nice TRP Mines the stainless but still want the full rail

Pics please...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not get it with the rail because I did not want a rail.  I am sure you can get a SA or Kimber to run 100% problem with your Kimber was probably either extractor or crappy mags.  All my 1911's I use quality mags because the only problems I have ever had with either my Kimber was due to crappy mags.  Get Wilson Combat, Chip McCormick, or any other quality mags.  If you spend under 20 bucks for the mag it is crap IMO.

Tried both Wilson and McCormick mags to the same affect.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'll just put this here then:

(She wears an X300 with front strap switch now...)

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Damnit that pistol is beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3485859985_406d408f86_b.jpg

can you post a rear view of that? I wanna see the picture through  those harrison sights
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I love my full rail

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I was torn between getting the full rail and the half.  Ended up getting this:
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3485859985_406d408f86_b.jpg

can you post a rear view of that? I wanna see the picture through  those harrison sights

I have the bar-dot one. When I ordered, I specified I wanted straight-8s, but when I got the gun back, it had this on it.

It's kind of nice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top