Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2009 6:25:39 PM EDT
First, pic of the new 1911 My first.

Second, wanted opinions on grips out there. Looking for some slim grips with lots of bite. Looks are secondary to function but something easy on the eyes would be nice. Been searching Brownells and etc. but wanted some input from people on grips they have used personally. Thanks for any input in advance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Davidson Horned Lizard Grips, they look great and lots of grip.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
mil-tac.com or call blackweaponsarmory.com

pistol by Ron Phillips

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
VZ Aliens/Operators for synthetic or Esmeralda for wood.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

pistol by Ron Phillips

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/geohans/DSCN3901.jpg

What grips are these and do they come in a slimline model?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pistol by Ron Phillips

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii123/geohans/DSCN3901.jpg

What grips are these and do they come in a slimline model?

They are mil-tac G-10 Black/Gray in Diagonal pattern and yes they come in slimline.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Get some gunner grips.  Mine are the ones sold by Nighthawk, but the Strider Knives version in black look exactly the same and are about 10 bucks cheaper.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I run VCD grips on mine and love them, they definitly have a bite to them but its not harsh or uncomfortable.

Another picture showing the brown grips on my LW Operator
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Those are some nice grips being shown.  But I have one question, why does an employee of the telephone company need a 1911?  Who the heck came up the the term "operator" and just what the heck do they "operate"?  Just a pet peeve of mine when folks use terms for something or someone that has absolutely not reference to the thing of person.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are some nice grips being shown.  But I have one question, why does an employee of the telephone company need a 1911?  Who the heck came up the the term "operator" and just what the heck do they "operate"?  Just a pet peeve of mine when folks use terms for something or someone that has absolutely not reference to the thing of person.

"Operator" is a term used for a tacticly trained person on a swat team or military unit. That was the idea behind the name for the Springfield Armory "Operator" series wat that it filled a role for these guys. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Since that pistol has a tactical rail on it, it is screaming for some Punisher grip panels         actually they would probably look pretty good on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top