Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 7:49:13 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Colt 1911 from one of our fellows on the old EE (post and pics will come later)

The one thing that I noticed, the only thing I didn't like: the face of the trigger.

My definition of Face, in concerns to the trigger: the place where my finger will actually squeeze.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the vertical serration that runs from the top of the trigger face to the bottom?

Is there anyway to smooth those out, should I get a different trigger, or should I just get used to it as all the triggers are like that?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get different triggers. I can't remember who makes it but there is a modular trigger that allows you to use the same trigger bow and switch out the trigger face. They have short ones, long ones, flat ones, etc. Not sure but they probably make a smooth one.

Another option is just remove it and file off or remove the serations with a Dremel tool.

NAD

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can get different triggers. I can't remember who makes it but there is a modular trigger that allows you to use the same trigger bow and switch out the trigger face. They have short ones, long ones, flat ones, etc. Not sure but they probably make a smooth one.

Another option is just remove it and file off or remove the serations with a Dremel tool.

NAD

Infinity make the modular trigger.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Aslo C&S make a smooth face trigger.

Jets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top