Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:49:47 PM EDT
Thinking of getting a EMP but I carry appendix, Asking if anybody carries this way and is it uncomfortable or what. Also how about a smary carry rig.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry the 4" WC CQB Compact, which is only a little bigger, and I go appendix carry too. It has always been comfortable to me. I carry in a Milt Sparks VM-2.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've carried a 5 inch gun appendix carry. Sitting wasn't much fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
A 5" protrudes both vertically and horizontally, and is not a very relevant comparison. I have carried everything from a 3.5" officer to a 5" widebody, and with the ONE exception of the 3.5" officer compared to the 4" compact, ALL of them carry, wear, and feel differently... even the 4.25" Commander compared to the 5" Government. Even if one feels uncomfortable in position X, that doesn't mean another won't feel different in the same place.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I currently carry a G26 in the appendix area. I want to get a full size 1911 but think it may be too big to carry in the appendix  area. Would a government model work or would a commander be a better choice? I have heard the government model is more reliable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've done it comfortably with my Colt New Agent, which is 3".  You shouldn't have any problems... my 5" will NOT work.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top