Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:47:53 PM EDT
Anyone have a set on their 1911?  How do you like them?  Do they make a model with the staked front?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Boston T. Party, a big fan of the XS sights ever since they were Ashley Outdoors, said the problem with the Big Dot as opposed to the "regular dot" was that it was so big it didn't allow for really exact shot placement at smaller long-range targets.

I'm thinking the dots for one of my Glocks that I don't own yet. I have the factory Novaks, the King's #102 NM Hardball, and 1943 GI's on mine, so I have no experience with the 1911 version.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
My XD is in the shop right now getting the big dots replaced with Meprolights.  I couldn't stand the things personally but the concept is good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll just do what I planned on then.  Standard rear novak and regular front night sight.  I like the idea of only having one dot to look at.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
James Yeager disproves the "can't shoot at distance" by shooting pepper poppers out to 100 yards with his Glock 19 w/ Big Dots..

P.S. They don't make one for staked sights, I asked at the SHOT Show. He told me there was just too much variation in height, etc. to work it so they just do the dovetailed mounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I just put a set on my 1911 commander. They take some time to adjust to, comming from a normal 3 dot set up. That being said, I absolutely love mine. Great for ccw!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
No experience here for a 1911 but I have had them on Glocks and Sigs and a Std dot on my J-frame.

They are fast and accurate enough. However, I had trouble transitioning back and forth between the Big Dots and the traditional 3 dots on my other pistols. In the end I felt I was slower getting on target. Keep that in mind. For CCW I think they would be most ideal but I also do a lot of target shooting and such and just couldn't go back and forth. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I've bought a set for a Sig P229, but haven't gotten around to intalling them and shooting them yet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top