Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 7:10:40 AM EDT

Posted in Team Forum, but figure you guys could really appreciate it... Colt M1911, shipped from the factory on December 19, 1917 with 1186 other 1911's bound for the Springfield Armory's C.O.

From what I gather, this one was refitted with an A1 slide for WW2 that still looks pretty good, if it hasn't been refinished...  I've got an original 1917 slide that I picked up off of gunbroker on it's way, though...

And yes I know the manual is for an A1...

Pretty stoked.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
2 more years.

I wonder what kind of 100th anniversary 1911's we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You know what I like about this thread?

You have a fine pistol that we can appreciate and you didn't post, I got this from a widow for $75... did I do OK?

You'll probably get your money back on the slide if you put the A1 up on gunbroker too. Congratulations

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You know what I like about this thread?

You have a fine pistol that we can appreciate and you didn't post, I got this from a widow for $75... did I do OK?

You'll probably get your money back on the slide if you put the A1 up on gunbroker too. Congratulations

Definitely didn't snowball a poor old lady for it... but thanks.  I'm excited about it, and I haven't decided if I want to sell the slide or hang onto it in case I find a good deal on a WW2 frame... tough call... but I'm sure I'll keep it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top