Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 9:42:00 AM EDT
I picked up my Warrior yesterday. I haven't been to the range yet but it looks and feels great.
Pics and range report to follow.

Jim
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Took this pistol to the range this afternoon. I can honestly say that I am not worthy of it.
I tried every mag I have- 3 Wilson 47Ds, 2 Kimber, 2 Springfield and a McCormick. All worked smoothly, even when I loaded only a single round in the mag.

I went through a little over 100 rounds with no problems at all.
The last 60 or so I fired at a single target at 15 yards. I ended up with a ragged hole a little high-left about 2.5". That's a sub 3" 60 round group.
The trigger is a little heavy and had a little creep at first. It smoothed out but is still a little heavy for competition use.
I haven't used iron sights in a few years. I have been using a reddot in falling plates and bullseye competitions. The fixed night sight iron sights on this pistol are good.
The whole pistol is outstanding. After reading a lot of posts about problems with Kimber 1911s I really didn't know what to expect. I guess some lemons get through, but mine isn't one of them. My SA Loaded may be seeing fewer rounds now.

Jim

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Took this pistol to the range this afternoon. I can honestly say that I am not worthy of it.
I tried every mag I have- 3 Wilson 47Ds, 2 Kimber, 2 Springfield and a McCormick. All worked smoothly, even when I loaded only a single round in the mag.

I went through a little over 100 rounds with no problems at all.
The last 60 or so I fired at a single target at 15 yards. I ended up with a ragged hole a little high-left about 2.5". That's a sub 3" 60 round group.
The trigger is a little heavy and had a little creep at first. It smoothed out but is still a little heavy for competition use.
I haven't used iron sights in a few years. I have been using a reddot in falling plates and bullseye competitions. The fixed night sight iron sights on this pistol are good.
The whole pistol is outstanding. After reading a lot of posts about problems with Kimber 1911s I really didn't know what to expect. I guess some lemons get through, but mine isn't one of them. My SA Loaded may be seeing fewer rounds now.

Jim

I think that the Warrior line is the best pistol that Kimber puts out. Mine is damn accurate also.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am also very happy with mine.  

It is more accurate than I am.

Eta:  We need pics
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Here are a few pics. The target has about 60+ rounds on it. The flyers were from trying a little rapid fire.
I was using my match load of 200gr LSWC over 4.5gr WST. It operated the action easily even though the recoil spring is stiff.

Jim

WTF is with the red Xs?
Kiss my red-x ass!

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pistol!

The Kimber Warrior is a nice 1911.  As someone else here noted, it's probably the best model that Kimber makes.  Mine has over 3500 rounds through it and runs like a champ.  Accurate too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice piece man. I love both my Kimbers..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top