Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:29:00 PM EDT
I was at my grandmothers today going through the safe looking at what is left of my late gandfathers collection. One of the many gems in there was a colt 1911a1 with a serial number 224****, it is stamped U.S. property and U.S.army, finish I would rate at good for its age. I am not that knowledgable(sp.) about old 1911's like this. Please any one out there give me any info about this pistol you have. I was kinda curious about its value money whise as well. I have a few uncles left alive and grandma said she wanted to tell them she was giving it to me before I take possession of it!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Depending on condition & being all original, etc. etc., the gun can be worth from $600 up to $3,000. Certainly the higher end is gonna carry some caveats that not many 1911s will have, such as mfgr brand.

Dare I suggest no one sell the grand-dad's gun outside of the family?  

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]

I'll take it !!

Sorry wrong forum.  
If you do inherit the pistol,  make sure to show us pictures.  I do love them guns!  My dealer has three of them in the store on display but not for sale.   I've tried.  The bastard...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top