Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 1:31:09 PM EDT
I just got some Shooting Star mags, and the extended baseplate needs to be screwed on.  I tried hand tightening the screws and they only go in about half a turn.  From looking at the holes and the screws, it seem that they might be self tapping screws.  The holes in the baseplate of the mag don't look like they were tapped.  (Just a small lip at the top of the hole.)

Is this the way they're supposed to be?  Both mags are like this.  I wanted to know before I messed them up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some SA mags that had two holes in the base for a pad.  The holes matched the holes in Chip McCormick basepads, and they were self-tapping screws. No problems except that the screws were small and required a phillips screwderiver with very small head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top