Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2008 8:29:47 PM EDT
Wife and I looked at the SIS ultra and it's a very nice little carry piece.  I have not seen the Springer micro compact to directly compare but I've had great luck with springers running right out of the box and have a preference towards the brand.  

I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on either pistol.  I have a couple 5" 1911s and one Commander but never owned a compact.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had an SIS Ultra for several months and it's been very reliable.  I've only fired about 500 rounds through it, but it cycles perfectly, including Hydrashoks.  I was leery of getting an aluminum framed 1911, so always stayed away from 3" models, but the SIS Ultra has a steel frame and a steel MSH.  And it does not have the Swartz safety system.  It has become my carry piece, along with an Aegis II Ultra.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Springfield Micro and it had frequent FTE (stove pipe) malfunctions. I sent it back to Springfield and the problems still occured. I traded it in toward a Kimber Ultra CDPII and it is a great light weight carry gun.

Getting a 1911 to work good in 3 inch is very hard the design is at it's limits. If you must have a compact go with Kimber.

KIMBER Custom Defense Pistol Ultra II in a Mitch Rosen IWB covered with a loose shirt!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I own & CCW a Micro. It's been perfect after the first 100rds & never fails to cycle. I also keep it well cleaned & oiled to help it run.

There's no issue with the alloy frame & the .45acp caliber. The Micro runs a dual recoil spring & it's not like one will be shooting IPSC with it either.

When I compared the Micro to the Kimber, I found the bottom of the MSH would cut into my palm. The Micro MSH is beveled to make shooting it comfortable, thus I went with the Micro & have never regretted it once.

The "SIS" gimmick isn't worthy of the extra $$$ being charged either, IMO.

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top