Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 1:01:22 PM EDT
I am looking at a 1991 and I am wondering if there are any problems or issues I should be aware of.

Any typical flaws?  Any standard 1911 parts incompatible with the 1991?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Only real difference is the final polish before bluing is skipped and are beadblasted instead.

I've got one, it's been a very good 1911 from day one. Some of the early grips would crack right away but they were ugly and replaced by something else nicer looking.

All parts between the 1911 and 1991 [series 80s] with interchange. [realizing some need to be fitted of course]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
A 1991 these days is something of a blend between a series 80 colt and a 1911 (not 1911A1). It's totally compatible with anything that works for a Series 80 Colt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. I am not as wild about the matte finish, but I like the fact it is a real Colt.  The older 70 and 80s colts seem hard to find.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top