Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2007 6:14:05 PM EDT
I have an older "Square" SA MIL-SPEC i would like to send off to a smith for a little work. Does anyone know of a smith that will Re-contour the Front strap so its more to "spec"?

just looking for
Re-contour front strap and Dust cover
Ed-brown style Grip Safety
Front night sight
extended strong side safety
reliability job

Tried contact SA to do it but they will not responded to emails or phone calls... been trying for 6+ months now.......
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldn't really pose a problem to a 'smith that has a clue...
Heck- I did my own front strap with an air grinder. (and it looks good!)
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:48:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I have emailed/called a few smiths that said they could do it just would be a very long wait since they have a list of work on the table. Will have to call some of the larger shops. Novak/MARS/EGW see what that say......

If i try to do it my self i know the next question you see from me would be "What smith can fix this"
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You must not be calling the right number for SA Custom Shop.  They respond quickly and are the greatest.

They are the ones to do the work.

Ask for Deb in the Custom Shopl
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope using the right contact info, just must not be calling at the right time to get ahold of deb. 2 emails, 2 messages and no responses.

Will give then another call i guess.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
[Cough]Miller Custom[/Cough]

...w/ that said however he may have a decent waiting list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top