Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 6:54:37 PM EDT
I am considering buying a Caspian Titanium Recon frame/damascus steel slide and I am trying to find a gunsmith that could build that up for me.  I have looked at the 1911 smiths in the pinned topic, but I don't know anything about the reptuation of any of them and don't feel like I am in a position to choose just based upon picking a name off of a list.

I am familiar with some 1911 smiths but the names that I recognize are the big name ones.  I know that there are many other worthy smiths out there that would be able to build a 1911 for me.

Has anyone had a smith build up a complete 1911 from a frame and slide and who did you have do it?  Also, can you give me some idea of how much it cost you and the turnaround time?

Also, I think in the last year or two there was a thread in the team forum about a member who was having a pistol built and was having some problems with the smith.  However, the smith came into the thread and calmed everything down.  I remember seeing the finished pistol and it looked very nice.  Does anyone know who the smith is?  Are there any other smiths that are AR15 members?

Thank you in advance for all of your help and input.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Caspian dropped the Ti receivers, unless they found a new supplier for the blanks...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
GO HERE

The guys who do it for a living hang out there.....any of them will be able to give you want..
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Gemini customs.   redid an old colt for me...absolutely perfect & reasonable.  I had some parts but Mark redid the whle thing, replaced any worn parts & I don't know what he did, but if I pay attention I can punch out the x at 25 yds w/out problem using the factory colt bbl.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a local smith redue mine.  turaround time was less than a month after Caspian got the slide back in stock.

See what some the smiths on this board have posted. Damm nice work from the pics, I just can't afford all that detail.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
It's hard to beat Bob Miller(Miller Custom).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top