Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:38:08 AM EDT
I'm at a crossroads of wanting to upgrade from my Kimber Tactical Pro to a Custom 1911 in the $2,000 to $2,500 range.

For some reason, choosing my Kimber was fairly easy, but this choice is completely stressing me out.

I fear that I'll drop the "big $$$" and then have buyers remorse, see another option, etc. (or even, in the rare case, have a problem with it), and be "stuck" with this very expensive weapon.

I'm looking for a carry gun that is slim, light, has the bobtail and is tuned like an Italian Purebred. 4" to 5" barrel, standard grip or slightly smaller.

I've visited the websites of Les Baer, Nighthawk, Wilson, Ed Brown & RRA, but I still need some experience from you owners out there.

Big purchase, want to make it count (it may well be the only high end weapon I own or will be able to afford).

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
May want to move this to the 1911 forum if you are looking for some info on what to purchase.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
i was fondling a talon last night... they are sweet...

a guy had come in before me and told my friend (the manager at the range/shop) that the trigger was too light and crisp to make a good carry gun...

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#5]
NIGHTHAWK makes some really fine 1911s
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check the For Sale forum at LTW. There are always tasty choice pistos there for sale.

There are a couple Yosts up there now, and they probably won't last long.  If it weren't for those damned frontstrap serrations, I'd probably already own one of them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Check the For Sale forum at LTW. There are always tasty choice pistos there for sale.

There are a couple Yosts up there now, and they probably won't last long.  If it weren't for those damned frontstrap serrations, I'd probably already own one of them.

What is the web address for this?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
<<<< I had to reply to this thread, just because you mentioned my name! ;)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
LTW=Louderthanwords.us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top