Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2007 7:21:02 AM EDT
I just finished this pistol and sent it to the customer.  It has my staggered borders, re-engraved Delta Elite stamp, Ivory grips, Accu-Rails, Kart barrel and bushing, 25LPI checkering, Heinie Magwell, and a lot of time behind the polishing wheel.

I definetly need to try different approaches to lighting and picture taking, but here you go.

Thanks for looking.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Ooooh Pretty, care to give us a price for all that work?

Morcoth
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice! Nothin' looks better than a nice polished blue...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, beautiful work there........ almost a shame that it's on a pistol not known for it's longevity or being able to hold up under 10mm loads.

mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a ncie custom gun.  What magwell is that?  Also, do you make your stands?  I'm looking for a 1911 presentation stand.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful, simply a work of art.
Great job Bob.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ooooh Pretty, care to give us a price for all that work?

Morcoth

Well, including the cost of the pistol, it was a $3,500 job.  The recipient of the pistol is a Veteren so I put the ivory grips on for free in honor of my 15% off labor discount I give.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Jebus, that's nice!

[peepee dance] I can't wait for mine [/peepee dance]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What magwell is that?

This one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very nice, beautiful work there........ almost a shame that it's on a pistol not known for it's longevity or being able to hold up under 10mm loads.

mike

It's amazing that this myth is still breathing!

By the way........gorgeous gun!! I'm jealous!

Kim du Toit would call that a mighty fine BBQ Gun!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

mike

Where is the inspirational poster parody picture of the two birds, one with its head cocked all the way to the side? The picture is captioned, "Retards, we all know one."

They hold up just fine when you replace the ridiculous dual recoil spring assembly with a single Wolff 23lb.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Great looking gun.  Fire that cameraman!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Great looking gun.  Fire that cameraman!

Hey now!  I'm the cameraman!!

There is a gentleman named Marsh that posts abroad, and he sent me the schematics for a nice photo booth... I just haven't had time to get it done.

If you are reading this Marsh, still no barrels, but your pistol has been started.  Once the barrels are in, you will be finished up soon.

Trumpet, all I have to do is shoot yours.  You might see it this week!!

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 3:08:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As I stated on another forum,
Beautiful gun!
Awesome grip safety fit, checkering and of course the polishing.

Go to a fabric store. Get some pieces of material in different colors. Drape them from a wall over a table. Illuminate with flourescent fixtures. Both overhead and spot. I'll sometimes augment with an automotive flourescent trouble light. Set the camera to 'flourescent'.
Set it to 'AP' aperture priority and the highest number available. Use a tripod. Use the self-portrait timer to trip the shutter.
On high polish guns, be aware of what is reflecting in the flats. You may need to rig a neutral drop cloth behind the camera. Angle the gun slightly so the camera its self is not reflected.
Take a LOT of pics.

Thanks a bunch!  I appreciate the suggestions and I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again for the great comments and suggestions.
Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top