Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:07:34 PM EDT
Well guys, after much deliberation and a whole thread on making the decision...

I chose the Nighthawk Custom 10-8 1911.
I was still on edge about making the call up until the point I held this gun. I also fondled an Ed Brown Executive, but the NH 10-8 has the exact features I want, and it has omitted the ones I didnt. When touching this gun it just screams quality, it was much nicer than I had imagined it could be.

Since none of the stores in my area stock NH the closest store I found was Gun Gallery in Jacksonville. I called Neil(new-arguy) the other day and we talked about some 1911s and I saw the pic of this gun in his thread here and I just had to see it in person. Well, its mine now and I am in love. My girlfriend is quite jealous. And to think...today was our 3 year anniversary and shes letting me go to gun stores...

anyways Ill stfu.

here are the pics:

here is a look through the 10-8 sight, which seems to be incredibly fast at target acquisition. It is a night sight and is very bright, but you cant see it worth anything in this picture.

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Very  nice.  How many bodyparts did you have to sell off to pay for this bad boy? One thing tho...did your gun come with wilson mags or the novak act ones which are shown in the catalog?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very  nice.  How many bodyparts did you have to sell off to pay for this bad boy? One thing tho...did your gun come with wilson mags or the novak act ones which are shown in the catalog?

To pay it off I sold my G21 SF and now up for sale is my Kimber Warrior.

It came with 1 novak magazine. I have 5 Wilsons that I use though, although I am contemplating trying CMC and Cobra magazines.

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Very cool. Glad you made the trip. Hope you had a good dinner that day too. Someone told me that Medure's might have closed down . I forgot to tell you that you've also been entered into a raffle to win a free S&W M&P.

Get out and shoot that thing! Let us know what kind of holster you wind up with as well. Not all of them work with the Dawson rail, but there's quite a few that do.

Well, you wont believe it, but we went to the beach got really wet and icky and my GF decided she didnt want to go to dinner at a nice place because she wasnt "pretty enough".

So when you get that SA PRO or EB Special Forces in we'll have to try those restaurants on that paper.

Cool. I hope I win an M&P, I like those guns. Just make it a 9mm or 45!

I am going to go with the NH holster, I was told it should work OK with a little finesse. The soonest I will be able to shoot it will either be wednesday or sunday. Ill probably post a range report whenever I get around to it after that.

Anyways thanks again Neil!

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#7]
A $3000 dollar gun and it came with only 1 Novak mag? dang...
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are you sure there was only one mag with it? Check in the green bag again. Im pretty sure they are supposed to come with two.

I checked high and low. I looked in the NH bag(in all the mag pockets) then in my SW range back(where I put the NH bag when I left. I did remember thinking in the store how I thought  I was supposed to get two mags, but then I thought ok, well maybe not. I remember this very clearly because when you finally found the NH bag and put the gun in it you took the mag that was in it and put it in the little mag pouch on the right hand side closest to you.

Anyway, I am going to call NH today and see if they can send me one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice-hail.gif
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe your gun shop jacked it. Doubt Nighthawk would forget to send an extra mag for such an expensive gun. Attention to detail seems to be their specialty. Hell for the price of your gun, it should come with 6 mags. Like the Blackwater Model for Sig. lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maybe your gun shop jacked it. Doubt Nighthawk would forget to send an extra mag for such an expensive gun. Attention to detail seems to be their specialty. Hell for the price of your gun, it should come with 6 mags. Like the Blackwater Model for Sig. lol.

I dont think Gungallery would steal mags as they seem to be very good people. I dont even use the Novak mags because I dont like how the feed lips can crack, but I would like the second mag anyways just in case I ever sell the gun(although I dont think that will ever happen). I have about 10 Wilson mags, but after some shooting they seem to lose spring tension. I am thinking of switching to Cobra mags or CMC anyways.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet pistol there dsg2003gt

Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
DAMN!  SWEEEEET!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think Gungallery would steal mags as they seem to be very good people. I dont even use the Novak mags because I dont like how the feed lips can crack, but I would like the second mag anyways just in case I ever sell the gun(although I dont think that will ever happen). I have about 10 Wilson mags, but after some shooting they seem to lose spring tension. I am thinking of switching to Cobra mags or CMC anyways.

I have 8 of the Novak ACTs and they dont have the cracked lip feeding problem. I believe the older batch was prone to that but they seem to have fixed it for the new stuff. I wouldnt carry them for defense. I have my Tripp Cobramags for that. Get some and you ll love them more than the wilson's.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Uh,  you mean the one that's posting in this thread
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh,  you mean the one that's posting in this thread

Lol ya, new-arguy is the guy who I bought it from. He works at gun gallery in jax, fl. They have 5-10 high end 1911s in their case, so I doubt they would bother with a $15 magazine.

Not to mention he is a real nice guy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top