Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2006 8:57:13 PM EDT
My Wilson Combat .22LR 1911 Conversion kit (made by Marvel) just arrived today.  It came in a blue padded gun rug and has an adjustable rear sight.  I also took advantage of the Christmas special of free shipping and rec'd a free 47D mag.  After cleaning/lubing it, I took a couple of pics for you all.  I will let you know how it shoots after this upcoming weekend.  Now all I need is 4 more mags for less than $40 each...

Link Posted: 12/19/2006 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Since dealer cost on the mags is $42 each, good luck finding that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered 4 Advantage Arms .22 1911 mags.  Hopefully they will work with the Marvel upper.  They were less than $20 each.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
So I took it to the range this weekend. I had some no-name .22LR ammo and decided to use it. The gun wouldn't cycle and was having FTEs/FTFs. I was kinda disappointed. I mean after all, this is the kit that Wilson Combat sells and their name is on the slide...

Luckily, my friend had some CCI mini mag .22LR ammo. He gave me a 100 rounds and my faith in the WC conversion was restored. Not one failure of any kind.

Moral of the story, use the right kind of ammo in this conversion kit. The documentation that comes with the kit gives ammo recommendations and advises you to stay away from particular types of ammo as well. Complying with the advisement is apparently not negotiable.

One of the things I would change on the kit is the front sight. A fiberoptic or even a dotted front sight would help in quicker/easier target acquisition.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So I took it to the range this weekend. I had some no-name .22LR ammo and decided to use it. The gun wouldn't cycle and was having FTEs/FTFs. I was kinda disappointed. I mean after all, this is the kit that Wilson Combat sells and their name is on the slide...

Luckily, my friend had some CCI mini mag .22LR ammo. He gave me a 100 rounds and my faith in the WC conversion was restored. Not one failure of any kind.

Moral of the story, use the right kind of ammo in this conversion kit. The documentation that comes with the kit gives ammo recommendations and advises you to stay away from particular types of ammo as well. Complying with the advisement is apparently not negotiable.

One of the things I would change on the kit is the front sight. A fiberoptic or even a dotted front sight would help in quicker/easier target acquisition.

22LR pistols are all picky when it comes to ammo, conversions take this pickiness to the Nth degree.  I have an AA kit for my Glock and it will shoot the Rem. Golden bullets all day without fail, it is the only gun I have that will run that crap.  A buddy of mine has the same WC kit and his will run just about anything.  I would break it in with Mini Mags and then try some other lower power rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top