Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:36:04 PM EDT
I picked this up from a police officer who was forced to change his duty weapon for $575:

ETA:  I don't get why all the departments in Louisiana are being forced to get rid of their single action 1911s and are foced to carry Glocks (or other hammerless autoloaders) as well as Double/Single autoloaders.  I keep hearing the "public perception" mumbo jumbo about a police officer carrying a pistol cocked and locked OR it isn't as safe.  I call BS on the "not as safe" aspect.

Also, this pistol shoots like a dream and it actually has a Briley barrel  FWIW, I have a 1911PD that has a different barrel.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
DAMN good buy! enjoy it!

(i'll bet its a great shooter, like my SW 1911!)

PS: its stock 3 dot whites, correct?

and glocks are the new, safter, cheaper fad for PDs
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
DAMN good buy! enjoy it!

Yep, it has the 3 dot Novaks whites.  At first, I did not believe this guy only put 600 or so rounds through this gun.  After shooting it, and giving it a good examination, I noted that it has more carry wear marks than it does from actual use.  My only complaint about used 1911s is the scratch many people put on the frame when installing the slide stop AND the fact that many individuals use the slide stop as a slide release and end up digging a groover into the frame.

This is now my favorite handgun
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN good buy! enjoy it!

Yep, it has the 3 dot Novaks whites.  At first, I did not believe this guy only put 600 or so rounds through this gun.  After shooting it, and giving it a good examination, I noted that it has more carry wear marks than it does from actual use.  My only complaint about used 1911s is the scratch many people put on the frame when installing the slide stop AND the fact that many individuals use the slide stop as a slide release and end up digging a groover into the frame.

This is now my favorite handgun

yea, almost all new 1911 users get the 'idiot mark' w/ the slide stop--got mine on my SA loaded, plain as day, on the frame AND the slide

oh well, do you think you will add on some nights?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

oh well, do you think you will add on some nights?

I am thinking about it.  I have some other things I need to take care of first, but nights are on my to-do list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top