Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 4:20:46 PM EDT
Can someone recommend a good DVD to learn how to shoot a 1911 fast and accurate?
I know there are several out there by Rob, Bryan ect.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to Matt Burkett's website.  Start with his video series #'s 1-3.  When you "graduate" from these, I highly recommend taking a class with him.  Then going and getting the subsequent DVD's that interest you.

Other instructors to consider training from (depending on your shooting goals) would be Mike Voigt, Bennie Cooley and Todd Jarrett.  Matt McLearn might be back into teaching and if so, he's a must!  

I've taken pistol classes from Burkett and Voigt.  I'm at a point in my shooting abilities, where the fundamentals are still gone over, but when it comes to 1-on-1 time I need to be pushed and be taught to see things differently.  I get this a lot from Mike Voigt.  He's a super accurate shooter and so has been able to spend time on finding speed.  While I'm not near as accurate, finding speed is the best thing I can do right now.

The point is that after taking instruction from a couple of different folks, and I suggest trying from multiple, figure out who you can work with regularly to make you better.  

Also, depending on where you're at in Texas, there are a ton of opportunities to work with some of the top shooters in the world.  Adam Popplewell and Benny Hill are the first two that come to mind.  

Let me know if there's any info I can get you.  You can see previews of the videos on Matt's site and either buy them there or from Brian Enos' Store.  Check out too the other DVD's that Brian sells and the books from Brian, Saul Kirsch and Matt Burkett.  All are must reads.

Rich
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top