Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2006 7:38:53 PM EDT
Two Kimber DET-1 1911's show up for sell on the EE same day.  What do you think the odds on that are?
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw one of these a year or so ago on another website for for $15000. Don't think the add stayed up long and it was'nt because it sold.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Those have been spamming the EE for a few days now.  I'd be leery.

ETA post 223 wOOt
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the odds are really good that they are WAY overpriced.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you want to buy my Singer?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think the odds are really good that they are WAY overpriced.

I couldn't lay that coin for a SeriesI Kimber with a few mods.  I guess the SN may be worth it to a collector.  BTW I thought DET-1's came with a Dawson rail installed?
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm confused. It lacks the DET-1 features, most likely because they never shipped to their intended destination where they would be modified to MEU-SOC specs, but it has the lanyard loop mainspring housing that I thought was only added afer the jarheads received them?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm confused. It lacks the DET-1 features, most likely because they never shipped to their intended destination where they would be modified to MEU-SOC specs, but it has the lanyard loop mainspring housing that I thought was only added afer the jarheads received them?  

I just googled it, taken from HERE

The pistol chosen by Det-1 was a Kimber Custom model similar to that adopted by the LAPD SWAT unit, but with additional special features specified by the Marine Corps. These included a traditional extractor, no firing pin safety, a standard recoil spring guide, ambidextrous thumb safety, lanyard loop and genuine Novak Lo- Mount Night Sights. The Kimber pistols were shipped directly to Dawson Precision in Texas where they were each fitted with the Dawson Rail in order to mount a proprietary SureFire Weapon Light designed especially for the Military.

When Dawson delivered the pistols equipped with its rail and special SureFire lights to Det-1, each was then fitted with a set of coyote brown Simonich Gunner Grips from Strider Knives. A unique Safariland 6400-style desert camouflage holster was also issued with each Kimber, and held the gun with the special SureFire light mounted. Also issued with each pistol were a unique Strider Det-1 knife and a quick-release lanyard from Gemtech. Since Quantico was (and still is) testing and fielding various 1911-type pistols through MEU (SOC), the USMC Kimber’s official designation was the Interim Close Quarter Battle (ICQB) Pistol, and the kit went with Det-1 on its six-month active duty tour in Iraq.

ETA: the laynyard loop MSH addition by Kimber is odd.......They also used Wilson #47D's
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The exact weapon as delivered to the DET by Kimber is what you see pictured.  From there, the Dawson rail and SureFire IMPL were added, along with the Ed Brown Safety, Simonich Grips, and Gemtech lanyard.  The lanyard loop mainspring housing was requested by the DET and is factory installed.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Would it be an over simplification to say the only things special about this blaster are the serial number and the price?

Good shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top