Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 9:32:32 AM EDT
As I've been cleaning and organizing all my gun stuff I found enough parts to put together another 1911.  The frame is a Norinco, Ed Brown beavertail, extended safety, hammer and sear, Videcki trigger, unknown mainspring housing, Ahrends Double Diamond Walnut grips.  The top half is a Springfield Armory slide, Colt National match barrel/bushing, low-mount Bomar adjustable sights.  The frame a was shot in HK black Duracoat, the top end is Springfield matte black park finish.

Fitment was pretty good; a little lapping on the slide/frame fit was all it took to get it to run smoothly. From the Ransom Rest it shot 1" groups at 25 yards with 185gr FMJ match SW loads.  Put another 200 rounds of Federal 230gr ball through it without a gun problem. One of my old mags self-destructed during the shooting with the welded on base breaking free and dropping all the rounds, spring and follower to the ground. Never had that happen before, but since that mag was at least 25 years old and had seen probably 10000 rounds (I used to shoot a lot, competing every weekend and practicing a couple times a week), I wasn't too upset about it.

Got another frame to build up, so I ordered a slide and Kart EZ-Fit 9mm barrel/bushing from Brownells to build a sub-caliber 1911.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
NOW THAT I LIKE.

I love the artwork on frames some of us proudly display, but I have an appreciation for a solid, spartan workhorse too. Nice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I see a lot of parts bin ARs but this is a first. Looks good.

Someone gave me a bunch of parts that belonged to their uncle who was a gunsmith. There are almost enough 1911 parts to build two pistols, minus the frames.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top