Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 6:45:53 PM EDT
Taurus 1911

I've been reading about it for over a year but cant find one anywhere...?
An owner of a local gunshop told me because they (Taurus) got a large Mil. order for the 24/7 they will be putting off these 1911's for a while.

Anyone have any news - seen one anywhere for sale.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
havent heard a thing about the 1911 or the mil contract/order
what military ordered taurus?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's as well made as their PT92 and other alloy frame pistols, it should be a great gun for the $$$.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure what year they are meaning on the link, but it says status: avilable 4 Otr.

I think I might want to try one in blue.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I feel sorry for any army that ordered 24/7s.  Their guys won't be able to hit a barn door with that damn trigger.

Have no idea what your talking about -24/7 has one of the best triggers I have ever used.

Where do you get your point of view? Have you shot one?

Yes the US military purchased 24/7's read it and weep -who knows what for -maybe Iraqi security forces?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have no idea what your talking about -24/7 has one of the best triggers I have ever used...

Haven't shot one, I wouldn't buy one and none of my friends would either.  None of the customers at my gun store have ordered one.  When they first came out I handled one and the trigger was like a Millennium, long and mushy.  The only trigger type that's worse would be a S&W Sigma IMHO.  If a Taurus DAO is one of the best triggers you have ever used, what brand of 1911 did you buy and what the hell is wrong with it?

I own a 70 series Colt Combat Commander - the trigger is fine on my Colt
No - I miss spoke then - when in DAO the trigger is a joke but I was speaking of once its fired -the its SA type trigger i belive and it was very clean and light.  Like I said, I dont own one only shot one.
My next gun purchase is up in the air still. Wish they were like cars and you could test drive them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top