Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 4:19:32 AM EDT
Here is a low res photo of my new pistol build.

I just fitted in a set of Tirjicon three dots and I'm waiting on a Hardcore extractor.

I'm really enjoying this pistol! And it feeds federal hollow points. Wee.

efxguy

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
What is it?  Caspian?  Essex?  Details man, details.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is it?  Caspian?  Essex?  Details man, details.  

OK OK!

It is built from an 80 % cro-moly frame with mil surp parts kit, Korean I think. The slide came machined for the Novak rear sight so I installed trijicons front and rear. I also added and ambi safety and I'm waiting for a Hardcore extractor to fit. Everything was fitted and stoned for installation. The frame and slide were stripped and parkerized black.  I made a staking tool for the detent tube.

It shoots very well, but has some minor extracion issues that i hope to solve with a better extractor and brand name magazines.

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that one of the Sarco slides?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I have no idea. How could I tell?

There are proof marks (several) on the underside of the slide...

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea. How could I tell?

There are proof marks (several) on the underside of the slide...

efxguy

I don't know, never having messed with one myself.  I just thought your slide resembled the one advertised by Sarco:
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't think so. I have a Sarco slide and found out that stock Novak's will not fit without gunsmithing. The dovetail are too narrow and at the wrong angle. The rear dovetail is also not deep enough. After installing the rear sight there is approx 1/16 gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the sight.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so. I have a Sarco slide and found out that stock Novak's will not fit without gunsmithing. The dovetail are too narrow and at the wrong angle. The rear dovetail is also not deep enough. After installing the rear sight there is approx 1/16 gap between the top of the slide and the bottom of the sight.

My kit came from the Sportsmans Guide. The Novak rear fit right up, the front needed a bit of shaping to fit, but not more than twenty minutes of work... Pretty simple really.

It sure looks like the Sarco slide though. I did clean up the grip serrations on the slide as they were a bit ragged.

efxguy

ETA, it looks like the slide had a staked front sight? Hard to tell, but you said it does.. mine has a dovetail.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:38:01 AM EDT
[#8]
looking good
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The Sarco slides have a dovetail front sight too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top