Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
Gents,

Your council is appreciated. I have funds for either and currently own a Wilson CQB Compact and SA Loaded 1911 ss. Love them both and don't need another but I have to have another.....

Use would be for fun. Shooting at the range, in the woods, at the in-laws...whatever.  Help me make the decision: Springfield TRP or Les Baer TRS?

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Springfield TRP
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Of those two, the Les Baer.  Les Baers have a reputation for being tight, but they usually break in after 500-1000 rounds.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Springfield TRP (not the Pro) has MIM parts and is built on an Imbel frame (not a made in America frame).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Les Baer TRS. The SA TRP isn't even in the same class.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I own two TRP's.  They are good guns but not that good.

Get the Les Baer!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Use would be for fun. Shooting at the range, in the woods, at the in-laws...whatever.

I know we all may have been tempted at one point, but shooting at the in-laws is likely still illegal in most states...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Get the Baer.  
All forged parts, made in US, tritium sights, ecxellent fit and finish.

Springfield is not even close.

I love my PII with the 1.5 option.  It has yet to choke (1k+ rounds now)

You might notice that Clint doesn't have Springfield build guns for him.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Trust me, get the TRS.  I love mine.  I was just at my friends house who has customs from many of the top 1911 smiths, and even he says that the trigger on my TRS is outstanding.  Mine has never missed a beat, zero malfunctions.  The accuracy is unreal.  

I have bought several other custom, evn cheesy Wilsons (After being treated very rudely at the SHOT Show, and personally having Bill Wilons be a dick to me, I'm done with them) and I still have my TRS, while all the other customs have been sold.  I will not be buying anymore fullsizes as what more could I want?  

Start living on wwwgunsamerica.com and www.gunbroker.com and you can find a killer deal on one.  I snagged mine from $1495 brand new.  Also, read this review-  http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=53832    The author is a moderator on this forum, works for Yost-Bonitz and knows what he is talking about.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

(After being treated very rudely at the SHOT Show, and personally having Bill Wilons be a dick to me, I'm done with them)  

hmmm....kinda how I feel about Les Baer.  They make really nice pistols, but if you ever have to send it in for work/repair, you're better off sending it to Tripp or YoBo  (IMO)
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
TRS.....I love mine
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
TRS
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I am with everybody. I have a TRP Operator and it is the best gun I have ever had on my budget...Military= NO MONEY  but I have shot my friends LB and it is in another class. No trigger job needed...woot
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
The TRP is methadone to the TRS's straight brown heroin.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

.............agreed..................
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#16]
TRS, or get a Les Baer frame and slide and have Yost do you a simple piece.  Cost maybe 2-300 more, but you would get 3 times the hand labor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't limit myself to only those two guns.  Sportingarms.com has had the Premier II on sale for some time now, it's essentially a TRS without the flash.  Probably the best bargain in semi-custom guns available.  If you want a comparable Springfield you'd have to get a Professional for $2,200 or so..  Call Yo-Bo and see if they have any 1* guns that need a home, I guarantee you won't be disappointed 480-804-1911 or www.yost-bonitz.com!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.............agreed..................

+1 If it was me buying, I would go with YoBo, Brown, Baer or RRA.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#19]
TRS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top