Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 5:57:20 AM EDT
Hello All,

you all seem to know much more than i do so i'm going to try to take a minute of your day to ask.  i am new to the 1911 world and have a pretty good understanding of how my kimber tactical pro works.  recently a buddy of mine came to me with his para ordinance that he couldn't get the slide back on.  upon closer inspection of his slide where the extractor is inserted into the frame i noticed that it was severely marred all the way down to the metal.  he told me he tried to "force" the slide on.  (i already informed him that he was a moron for trying to ram the slide on, but i guess everyone has to learn for themselfs).  

i supspect that his problem is  with the plunger interfering with the slide when the frame is tilited to the rear.  the plunger seemed to have a burr on it so i think he might have bent it slightly up (i'de say around a 1/32" or so which prohibits the slide from traveling all the way to the rear.

is this common?  and if so, is a new plunger lever the prescription that it needs?  and if that is so, it should assemble just like my kimber's with the excxeption that the para ordinance's will lie horizontal and the kimber's vertical?

thankyou for any insight you can give me in the matter.  i appreciate your time.

v/r

randy
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's the Series 80 parts interfering with the slide.

Make sure the Series 80 safety lever is below flush with the frame - you can't do this with the gun upside-down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
he managed to bend the firing pin block plunger up i suspect.  the slide won't go on and i've already tried to manipulate the plunger around in order to merry up the slide to the frame.  so i would imagine i need to put a new plunger on for him (?).  

if that is what you think i should do, is that the same installation concept of a Kimber with their system (except for the fact that kimber's will lie vertical and the series 80 will lie horizontal)?

thanks for your time

randy
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I will assume it is a standard Para since you haven't stipulated otherwise, but if it is an LDA then there are additional parts on the frame that can interfere with the slide replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top