Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 4:56:53 AM EDT
I hear reliability and sight-stability issues, but those can be fixed.  Are they inherently more accurate though?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt National Match Gold Cup 1911's have been around for decades.

They were Colt's version of a match grade 1911.

They come with a national match barrel, trigger, sights and a few other non-standard parts.

All covered on Colt's web-site.

Mike

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Colt National Match Gold Cup 1911's have been around for decades.

They were Colt's version of a match grade 1911.

They come with a national match barrel, trigger, sights and a few other non-standard parts.

All covered on Colt's web-site.

Mike

the one I am being offered is a series 70 though, ca'nt find it there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
They should be, but Colt never offered a guarantee on any extra accuracy. Colt offered the Gold Cup mods on every 1911 they made through the current series 80. They are nice guns and the older ones, (pre series 70), are becomming quite collectable.

Quoted:
I hear reliability and sight-stability issues, but those can be fixed.  Are they inherently more accurate though?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
My 70 Series GCNM is more accurate than my "standard" Colts but I have two Colts I haven't fired yet.
I intend to rectify that soon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess all the bushings made would be mic,then the best of the slides,then the best of the barrel lock ups,then the best of the barrel links.ECT!

Then hand fitted!   You could tune up any real shooter with a good bushing(then fine sand clothing it to  extreme tightness)  The rest of the slightly over or under spec parts go into regular run of the mill .45's!

Which are good enough(lesser tolerances are ok) just not what you would expect from a Gold Cup!!

I like my beater .45's just fine!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
It has the potenial to be "More accurate".

That does not mean everybody will be able to use it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
..........target sights,meaning adjustable....(the elliason is not necissarily "better")....the gold cup has a tension spring in the sear/disconnect circuit...called a deppressor....the other models do not have....and along with all the items forementioned....it comes with two different strength recoil springs as well as a different strength magazine....to allow wad cutter ammo apperently for the mid range matches....and comes with a test target.....colt`s answer to a out of the box ready target tuned 45 auto............
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the gold cup has a tension spring in the sear/disconnect circuit...called a deppressor....the other models do not have

There is a need for this tension spring because the GC series uses the wider and heavier trigger.  This wider trigger introduces a new problem of "trigger bounce."  The spring is to prevent his tirgger bounce, thus making the fire control system even more complicated.  My friend and I took apart my 10mm Colt Delta Gold Cup, and we had a heck a time, reassemblying this spring and the little plunger.  My Delta GC also initially  doubled and I had to take to the local Colt warranty station to fix, they had to regrind the sear a bit according to their gunsmith.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
..........target sights,meaning adjustable....(the elliason is not necissarily "better")....the gold cup has a tension spring in the sear/disconnect circuit...called a deppressor....the other models do not have....and along with all the items forementioned....it comes with two different strength recoil springs as well as a different strength magazine....to allow wad cutter ammo apperently for the mid range matches....and comes with a test target.....colt`s answer to a out of the box ready target tuned 45 auto............

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top