Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 8:16:32 AM EDT
Whatever happened to the "beater-ridden-hard-and-put-away-wet-no-bling-working-1911" pic thread?  I need a little inspiration for my potential build I might be doing with EGW....or YoBo.

Later
Rich
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]

I am not sure if this would be considered no bling to you.  It is finished with Rogaurd and NP3 internals.  I fitted a NM bushing and did a carry bevel, triger job, smoothed and polished feed ramp, inside dustcover, and fitted a checkered Wilson Memory groove grip safety, Wilson rear sight.  The bobtail msh was also done by me.  It is my daily carry packing shoot all the time when I go shooting pistol.  Well perhaps I do not shoot every session I have, but it does go straped to my hip.  When I first got the pistol I had troubles with it feeding hollow points and like beaver tail grip safties.  So that was the first to be done.  Then I experemented with a wilson 2 piece reduced recoil system.  Not to have stayed long at all.  Decided to go back to the stock guid rod and plug.  The two piece kept on coming apart when I was shooting.  Not good when I concider this a carry pistol.  

My other no frills type of shooter carry is the new build I have posted.  It is what my father wanted in a shoot it and forget it type of pistol.  More bling doo dads then I have on my Commander, but hey it is his pistol I built for him.

Not sure if that is the kind of inspiration you were looking for Trumpet.  

Aim straight and have fun
Jon

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top