Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 10:32:40 PM EDT
I bought one the other day and noticed that the body does not seem to be made as well as the standard 8rd magazine.  The Follower is not as robust and the spring is weaker than the standard one.  It does have the low profile floorplate with Wilson Combat on it.  Are these mags less relable than the 8 Rounders ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

How's that for succinct?!

(less reliable, but they're still good mags)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
4k thru 4 wilson 10 rounds, still watting for my first magazine failure.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet to have a failure out of mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been using them in IPSC for years with great results.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several that are 100% and one that lets the last round pop out prematurely.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I own three Wilson ten rounders. While they are not as reliable as a good old 47D, they still work very well. Using a .45 ten round mag is a compromise. You can gain 2-3 rounds over a standard mag, but lose a hair of reliability. It’s just that simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top