Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 6:44:38 PM EDT
i own 2 1911s and used to own a hk usp. i shoot better with the 1911s and got rid of the usp to have one. absolutely love the 1911s but miss the usp. i want to purchase a full size .45 that i could rely on no matter what. i was thinking desert warrior or hk usp tac. can the kimber stand up to the reliability of the hk? is it worth it if i can shoot a little better with 1911s as compared to the reliability and ease of maintenance in extreme conditions with the hk?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
is it worth it if i can shoot a little better with 1911s as compared to the reliability and ease of maintenance in extreme conditions with the hk?

that answers your own question.

I own both, 2 1911s and a USP-Tac.

none of them have given me any problems. both platforms can be easily cleaned, and both platforms are a blast to shoot.

i would go with which one you shoot better.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both and like you shoot the 1911 better.  The USP has been inherited by my wife.  She still lets me shoot it though.  If I was you and had some 1911s, I would buy the USP for the varity.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had no problems with the reliability of my 1911s, and certainly don't miss my USP. I didn't like it. With that said, it's all about what YOU consider important, though.

What kind of "extreme" conditions will these guns be facing that a USP could handle better than a 1911??

ETA: spelling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top