Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
I just bought some of Hoppe's Elite bore gel and cleaner today and what an amazing product.  I guess it is a new product and it won some accessory of the year or something. Did a great job getting fouling out of my bore.  I had to do some scrubbing with a bronze brush but it is a mirror finish inside now and can barely see any fouling.  Anybody else try this stuff yet?
?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
This is rumored to be the same as mpro-7 which I have been using or a couple of years. Works great, no odor, my 3 yo daughter likes to watch me clean my guns, I dont want to expose her to any harsh chem. odors.

I shoot only FMJ rounds, so I dont have any idea how this works on lead fouling.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
good morning.

as it happens, i was trying out some 'blue wonder' cold bluing on a .22-250 that i am building yesterday.  along with the blue, there is a tube of 'cleaner and rust remover' in the little kit that comes with the blue.  they have a web site, so i read what it had to say about both the bluing and the cleaner.  

apparently the cleaner is also effective for general cleaning too, and naturally they claim that it is superior.  they also claim it is effective in removing lead and copper deposits.

i tried it with a nylon brush on a mauser barrel that was *fairly* clean to begin with and it turned the first few patches i ran through the barrel black.    i intend to try it on some more guns today if i can find or borrow them.  myself, i only own a .22 and a .38.

as far as the bluing goes, so far it looks pretty good.  it is definitely the best cold blue i have ever used.  the barrel i was bluing turned a deep blue/black.  i oiled it and polished it some last night with fine steel wool and paper towels and it seemed to hold up pretty well.  i am reserving any judgment until i can see how it holds up over a longer period of time.

the web site is www.bluewonder.us

i don't mean to hijack your thread, but if you are like me, you are also always looking for a better, more efficient product.  as always, your mileage may vary.

i have no interest in this other than as a consumer of the product.  i do think that these products are a little overpriced, but i am a cheap bastard too.

peace.
billr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top