Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 7:53:35 PM EDT
Somebody help me understand. I’ve shot Glocks and have nothing bad to say about them. It’s pretty straight forward, I prefer 1911s. No big deal.

Why is it that some Glockheads haunt 1911 boards with posts about endurance shoots, being dropped out of an airplane, or being buried in the mud for months and still being able to shoot? Who the fuck cares? Admittedly, I’ve never explored Glock forums. Do 1911 enthusiast post similar bs taunts or is that some Glockheads suffer from 1911 envy?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
there on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
We are the insurgency. We will convert you to the big black Slide.

No seriously it is all about the 1911 natzies acting like their shit does not stink when the best handgun question comes up. Also 1911 owners on some forums seem to be the most flexible of self serving back slappers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
there on both sides.

Nonsense!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
While Glocks are fine, functional firearms they are rather.............................dull. Every glock looks like a clone of the last.

1911's can and are very customizeable making them more than a firearm. Many are works of the MetalSmiths ART.

A 1911 can be made to be unique to the owners requirements, the 1911 is the American Samuri Sword.

The Glock is a functional bayonet. HAND GRENADE Fixed it for you

+1 .

Just joking, I have and love Glocks.  I have a G21 that I shoot often. Just not as often as my 1911s
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
In many ways,  a Glock is a Honda Shadow and a 1911 is a Harley Road King Classic.

The former will get you from A to B with a minimum of hassles, but it is a tool of transport... nothing more, nothing less. It has no soul. The latter is a work of art with smooth lines and a beautiful feel. It requires more care but that is of little consequence, because those who have chosen to "swing their leg over one" actually like their bikes enough to tune and detail them properly.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah, finally! Someone makes the Harley/Honda 1911/Glock comparrison. Been meaning to do it for some time.

The Glock is a fine utilitarian weapon. But the 1911 has a personality, a presence, an aura that is hard to explain. It inspres a fondness like no other handgun. It is something uniquely your own. To quote a saying many Harley enthusiasts have used, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand". Read  SGB's sig line, it states the differences quite succinctly.

And yes, I think the cause you seek for the Glock community's perpensity to drivel is 1911 envy. They can't seem to understand why their pistol of choice doesn't generate the same emotion. They are trying to rationalize why it should. Thing is, it's not a matter of rationality. It's a matter of the heart!

Before somene accuses me of Glock bashing, let me show a pic here, of my 1911's and my Glocks facing off. The winner?

Apparently,......................................................................................................................Me!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The only gun that should SPROING! when you pull the trigger is an AR. PAT PAT PAT.
Glocks are the S&W model 10 revolver of the autoloader world. They work but they have no soul.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
My first hangun was a glock 22c, I never had any problems with it. I started shooting my friends 1911's and they seemed more accurate for me. I just prefer the feel and look of a 1911. When I spend alot of money on something I want it to be functional and sharp looking. 1911's are beautiful. I have since then converted to 1911's, I am looking for another one.

When I would let my girlfriends shoot my old glock it would sometime cycle wrong because of limpwristing, the same few girls have shot my Kimber and had zero problems, I guess it was because the 1911 is heavier it gives slide something more substantial to push agianst when fired limpwristed. Of course I have instructed them to grip handguns more tightly when firing, but thats more of operater error than anything. Most people dont complain about light handguns.

You wont catch me saying anything bad about glocks, except that they are ugly as sin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top