Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has ever actually had problems with forged aluminum frame 1911's. The new commander length lightweight Operator seems pretty appealing to me, so I was wondering if there's any real reason to stay away from them.

If they're priced below the MC Operator, I'd likely consider one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
no problem with my micros frame.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m sure you will be ok, and if you do have a problem SA has a life time warranty
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a new SA loaded lightweight. It's done in a nice bi-tone w/ stainless on top and a black forged alum. frame. It's a sweet shooter and I've noticed no problems to date except it's need to consume large amounts of 45 auto !!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 aluminum Springers, 4 aluminum Kimbers, & 1 aluminum Colt.  All are in excellent shape after literally thousands of rounds through them.  They are as tight and accurate as my 2 steel Springers.  I would say you are good to go on the new LW Operator.

MadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top