Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:59:00 PM EDT
I had a Talon 2 as the first picture shows.  I could not get it to feed right with the sti recoilmaster system. I think that was the culprit. I called and talked to Craig and asked for a rma for the second trip back and he suggested that since I had another talon 2 on order why not make this a fullsize with std. guide rod.  And before I bought the second Talon 2 w/ bobtail I was torn to get a fullsize or another commander.  Well the suggestion made up my mind.  And best of all FREEEE.

Original

New Version

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  Nice job on their part.  Sounds like they really take care of their customers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sweet!  Nice job on their part.  Sounds like they really take care of their customers.

Yes, as Springfield Armory does...  

I'm waiting on a Talon myself.  They are really sexy pieces, however, it makes me a little nervous with all the stories I've been seeing about Nighthawk issues.  

For 2+ large, you would think that their initial quality would be much better than what it would appear to be.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
varoadking.  What other stories have you heard.  Do you have any links I would like to read them???  I think that my problem was the recoilmaster system.  Craig kind of indicated that they were having a problem with this.  I will let you know if I run into any problems with this one.  But that is why I got the std. gi recoil rod on both pistols now.  Which guide rod system did you get?
And as far as customer service.  I believe that they are second to none.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
varoadking.  What other stories have you heard.  Do you have any links I would like to read them???  I think that my problem was the recoilmaster system.  Craig kind of indicated that they were having a problem with this.  I will let you know if I run into any problems with this one.  But that is why I got the std. gi recoil rod on both pistols now.  Which guide rod system did you get?
And as far as customer service.  I believe that they are second to none.  

Start here:

forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Plenty of reading - plenty of out-of-the-box problems.  You won't believe how obvious some of them should have been, and how many should have been corrected before the piece left the shop.

BTW - nice Commander...shame it wouldn't work for you...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think NHC puts out great stuff.  As far as problems go...all companies especially new ones have them.  However, it sounds like they are building a very strong base.  Their customer service on the issues posted in the link above sounds great.

paigecm1,
Is this recoil system like the Seecamp setup?  If so, NHC is not the only one having issues.  Other top smith's are having problems too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had a Talon 2 as the first picture shows.  I could not get it to feed right with the sti recoilmaster system. I think that was the culprit. I called and talked to Craig and asked for a rma for the second trip back and he suggested that since I had another talon 2 on order why not make this a fullsize with std. guide rod.  And before I bought the second Talon 2 w/ bobtail I was torn to get a fullsize or another commander.  Well the suggestion made up my mind.  And best of all FREEEE.

Original
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/P10205731.jpg

New Version
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/DSC00411.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/DSC00415.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/DSC00414.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/paigecm/DSC00407.jpg

Nice piece paigecm1.
I had some FTF problems with my Talon as well, after two trips back it seems to be fixed.
What grips are those on the commander, are they VZ's?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top