Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:44:53 PM EDT
so, after years of carrying a USP, I made the plunge.

$747.00 brand new out the door.  Not bad in Mass.

Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Nice.  Doesn't look like it has front cocking serations...I like that.

What is the model number?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Have fun at the range.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
So I hit the range today, to run the new iron through some paces.
Colder than I hoped for but i couldnt wait anymore, and Mrs. Centermass was gonna put me through the Mop & Sponge Combat Qual course, so I hit it.

I was shooting some Fiocchi 230 g FMJ that I got at the last local show, and planned on stopping at Dicks for some Winchester, but forgot the Debit card, so thats all I shot.

7 yards, POA roughly 4" north of the 5 hole, I was shooting nice groups, but slightly high to the left.

Then my buddy shot it, and hit center, so I checked myself, and corrected my stance.  I chose not to post pics of that target, as not to embarrass myself.

Shooting Center mass, not a bad group.

The head group on the above target, was with the middle dot right on the center of the head.  not bad.

I started to get to know the .45 a bit better and shot these next two targets Two handed, squared to target, boxer stance (cant remember the term for this stance so Ill call it CQB):

and offhand:

then I moved over to 25 yard line, and fired this target, two mags CQB:

and for comparison, two mags, from my USP .40 F.

pretty clear what Im used to shooting, eh.

However I must say, my USP did something today that shes never done before.
Two FTFeed on the last round of a mag I havent shot before.  I blame the mag.  and Osama Bin Laden.

Probably jealous....oh well.

Loved the trigger on the 1911, Huge difference from the USP.  
The sw 1911 did some strange things to the brass though:
Krinked the side:

and left a mean mark on the rim, extractor?  is this normal?
also didnt seem as though the firing pin was hitting the center of the primer everytime, though I experinced no malfuctions at all, besides one Headspace and timing error.

I shot 400 rounds of the Fiocci (sp) and she was real dirty, again, Normal?

so, there it is.
Overall I really like it, just need some time to get used to it.  Warmer weather will be nice, too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

and left a mean mark on the rim, extractor?  is this normal?
also didnt seem as though the firing pin was hitting the center of the primer everytime, though I experinced no malfuctions at all, besides one Headspace and timing error.

im not to sure on how soft or brittle the brass fiocci uses or even if thats a credible variable, but some extractors REALLY extract hard. So as long as it is shooting straight and ejecting, I would see no reason to tweek the extractor at all. Does it eject it away from you and to the side? Or up over you?

Quoted:
I shot 400 rounds of the Fiocci (sp) and she was real dirty, again, Normal?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/centermass181/march1906015.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/centermass181/march1906014.jpg

Definitely normal. No worries there.

Good shooting.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
congrats on the new SW
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

im not to sure on how soft or brittle the brass fiocci uses or even if thats a credible variable, but some extractors REALLY extract hard. So as long as it is shooting straight and ejecting, I would see no reason to tweek the extractor at all. Does it eject it away from you and to the side? Or up over you?

seems to be landing 10 ft,  5 oclock, up and over.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice..I'm liking the S&W more and more..may have to pick one up..

You want to see dirty? You should check out my Para-Ord P-12 after 500+ rounds...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top