Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 3:22:46 PM EDT
I have a friend who just got a TRP Operator. I have never seen a model like this before. I have supplied pictures. It also has no barrel bushing. The box said "TRP Operator", but it doesn't look like the Operator on the website, but I have no idea what model he has. Here is a picture:

HIS MODEL

TRP Operator

I posted this over on 1911 Forum, but didn't get much reply. Does anyone know about this model?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe SA has done some TRP Operators like that out of the custom shop.  Its possible that it was worked over by a gunsmith too, as I have seen some custom Operators with a chopped rail and ball cut slide.  

You could contact SA with the serial number, they might be able to tell you if it came from the custom shop.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the newest from Springfield... All Operators as of 2006 will have that profile on the dustcover
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The short railed model is the new 2006 TRP Operator which has replaced the older 'full length' railed TRP Operator.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I kinda like it.  not bad.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The short railed model is the new 2006 TRP Operator which has replaced the older 'full length' railed TRP Operator.

I didn't realize they made the switch.  I know last year they had pictures of them in all the different magazines, guess it was early advertising.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
i dont think the 2006 ones are out yet.  the short railed ones are probably either old or custom shop.  im glad they are gettin rid of the full rail.  probably shoots better, but looks horrible.  made me get the mc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The 2006 model is out now and is being sold on GunsAmerica.  I happen to like the full length dust cover with it's "monolith" look.  That is one of the reasons I got the older TRP Operator and the extra weight makes it more accurate.  It does for me anyway.  I do love those G10 grips on the new model and called Springfield to find out if I can purchase them.  They said "NO" but they would be available after the new 2006 model has been out for a while.

Can't wait,
MadDog
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#8]
that looks like the new one.  must of just put them on gunsamerica.  my dealer is getting a mc and trp operator, so ill actually have both to decide on.  does the full rail trp have a bushingless barrel?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that looks like the new one.  must of just put them on gunsamerica.  my dealer is getting a mc and trp operator, so ill actually have both to decide on.  does the full rail trp have a bushingless barrel?

Yeah. The new one and the old one both have a bushingless barrel.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
YES, the older TRP Operator with the full length rail DOES have a bushingless barrel.  Here is mine.

MadDog

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the full rail much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top