Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 6:06:57 PM EDT
I looked at a Wilson .45 that turned me on Today and got me interested in renewing a Old .45 flame! My Question is this: What is the best .45 in your factual opinion for around$1500. to $2000.00? I liked the finish on the wilson professional(tuff finish?). Also does the shorter barrel pistols shoot noticeably less accurate? Hammer Over
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with any of them.  I have a Les Baer TRS that has been great.  Everyone who shoots it is very impressed, and they all comment on how it just feels like such a quality firearm.  Mine just hit 1500 rounds with ZERO problems - thats with shooting all sorts of ammo and using several brands of mags.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for the basic carry.  I love mine just wish it had night sights.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked into alot of the highend 1911s and bought a Ed Brown.  I don't think there is a wrong answer but definitely hold and play with all before you buy.  I liked the Wilson 1911s until I saw the SS Brown.  The fit and finish did it for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if the warrior pistol from Kimber has a blued finish or coating. My thing is this, I don't want to buy a pistol and carry it for a couple months and it look ancient! I think when ya drop a couple grand it should already have a finish that will hang on.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if the warrior pistol from Kimber has a blued finish or coating. My thing is this, I don't want to buy a pistol and carry it for a couple months and it look ancient! I think when ya drop a couple grand it should already have a finish that will hang on.

I believe it's paint uh, I mean, a coating.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for an Ed Brown.  I have an Ed Brown Kobra Carry.  It's niiiicceeee!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Warrior and it is holding up well.  Better than some Blued guns I have had.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Rock River
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I would buy a rock river if i was going custom.  their front straps look ridiculous in terms of the high cut and checkering.  And you know what, other than going boom, thats all I care about!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#12]
In that price range they are all about the same quality and very accurate.  Buy one that turns YOU on.  
Personally I prefer the Baers, then RRA, and Brown and Wilson.  But then again I hate the look of paint and snakeskin, so that's just me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#13]
In that price range, Baer, then RRA.

I've been very happy with my Baer PII 1.5".  Bought it used with 142 rounds through it.

Of course, you could buy a SA Milspec and send it to Yost Bonitz.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top