Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:49:53 AM EDT
On Saturday at a gunshow,  I traded my Beretta Cougar 8045 for a Para-Ord P12. When I got back from the gunshow, awaiting me was a box from Brownell's with my Ciener 1911 .22lr kit.

Just returned from a informal range trip. I was shooting both at a distance of 25 feet at a IPSC target with a Birchwood Casey Shoot'n'See for each gun. It was cloudy and windy, about 34 degrees with a little sleet coming down.

Up first is the Ciener .22lr conversion kit. My discount, $179 at Brownell's. It comes with a blue plastic case, instructions, the slide assembly and a 15 round magazine. It's sitting on my Springfield Armory fullsize.

The instructions warn to use only Remington 40 grain HV ammo. I could not find any last night, so I settled on the Federal Match Auto 40 grain from Wal-Mart.

I had shot it a little bit yesterday at my parents, but I was having FTF and FTE. I got home last night and broke it down to find that the firing pin had worn a spot on top of the chamber, outside on the end of the barrel. It had pushed a small burr down into the chamber, making the gun FTF and FTE.

I removed the burr and polished the feed ramp. The polishing really helped.

Here is a 100 round group of Federal Match Auto 40 grain.-

It' no Ruger target, Sig Trailside, S&W 41, ect.

It's fun to shoot and once the burr and polishing the ramp was addressed, it was 100% reliable.

Now on to the Para. It's a Para-Ord P12. Beavertail safety, slimline extended thumbsafety, stock slide release, Bo-Mar sights, match bushing  and Full Length Guiderod. It's sporting a set of Hogue grips that I'm going to change to Navidrex Micarta Slimline grips.

The group is a 100 round group. The rounds outside was some of my first rounds. I have not fired a 1911 of this size, a Commander being the smallest I have owned/shot. The muzzle blast was just slightly smaller than a M1A2 Abrams.

All and all, I very happy with my 2 new toys.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the day watch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top