Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 4:20:51 PM EDT
I have a friend who bought a Colt 1911 a couple of years ago from a gentleman who said that the gun belonged to his grandfather. It was said to be his sidearm in WWII.

The slide has multiple patent dates ranging from the late 1800's to the 1930's stamped on one side.

My friend mentioned selling the gun to me.

What would be an estimated value for this gun and what are some items to check for authenticity, age, etc. The gun looks to be very worn but in good condition overall. Also, it is in a leather holster and woven bandolier that is also supposedly original gov't. issue.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more info. There is really no info given that will help us. Is this a US property gun? What finish, The first few numbers of the serial number [1234xxx] From the info you gave I could say its a $300 gun or a $3000 gun. I could be right either way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
What information would be adequate to give an estimated value?

I can probably get anything needed in a phonecall.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What information would be adequate to give an estimated value?

I can probably get anything needed in a phonecall.

Probably need to actually look at it, too many variables on 1911's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top