Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 11:37:12 AM EDT
My daily carry gun (Springfield Lightweight Champion) had a lot of wear from two years of daily carry.  I sent it to my local smith to be refinished.  He aluminum oxide blaster all the steel parts, parkerized them, and then did the final finish in Coyote Brown for the slide and frame and black for the parts and controls.  I removed the Novak Night Sights (they are for sale) and installed these Novak Fiber Optics.  I added a pair of OD Green/Black VZ320 grips but I have a pair of Desert Blonde Micarta VZ320's on order.  Pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

MadDog

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
looks awesome.  those sights contrast nicely.  like the dark grips and black trigger, hope it wears well.  what was the finish on it before?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The original finish was whatever Springfield uses.  The slide was black and the frame was OD Green.  The finish on the slide started to wear the day I got it and after almost two years it was completely gone in many places.  I can't stand the fact that SA uses silver triggers when everything else has some color to it.  I just purchased a new Springfield TRP Operator which has an excellent Black finish (Armory Kote) but the trigger was silver.  That sucks.  I like the trigger to match the rest of the parts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice.............how much do the Springfields run?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not much of a Coyote Brown person, but that does have a nice contrast to it..

Nicely Done!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome!
Looks really cool man, good job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top